+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: An "alleged" transcript of the Omar Bogle transfer negotiations.

An "alleged" transcript of the Omar Bogle transfer negotiations.

Some people think this might be a spoof but make your own mind up.

( A man in a suit and a yellow tie enters the boardroom at NYS, he is followed by a taller man in a suit who is carrying 4 bags of Tesco’s shopping)

TS: Duggie did you remember the pork pie?

PD: Yes Tony I did but….

TS : What about the Wagon Wheels? Don’t tell me you forgot the Wagon wheels? We want to make a real impression today!

PD: Got ‘em here boss, they were 2 for 1.

TS: Well done Duggie, put that spare pack away for when we interview the next manager.

(PD starts arranging paper plates on the boardroom table and empties a bag of Cheesy Wotsits on to one of them, he then hesitantly pulls a huge pork pie from one of the bags)

TS: What is it lad?

PD: I am not sure about the pork pie?.

TS : Not sure about the pork pie, why not lad?

PD: Well what if Omar Boogle is a muslim or a vegetarian?

( TS goes over to the window and looks pensively out at the NYS pitch, after a few minutes he turns around with a Eureka expression on his face)

TS: Okay Duggie cut the jelly off it, and we will be right as ninepence.

( PD smiles and starts cutting the jelly off the pork pie with a plastic knife. He then produces a bottle of Tizer)

TS: Giz a swag o’ that Duggie?

( Both men take large gulps from the bottle, which leaves a bright red stain around their mouths, they both belch loudly and start to laugh)

TS: Better out than in Duggie!

PD: Dead right boss.

( 2 men enter the boardroom, one is an athletic looking black gentleman, the other is his agent, a slick looking sharp-suited operator)

TS: Hey up lads sit down.

( The two men sit opposite PD and TS at the boardroom table. Between them is a sea of party food arranged on paper plates)

TS: Do you want a Wotsit Mr Beatle?

OB: No

OB’s Agent: Let’s talk business shall we?

TS: Okay lad, business before pleasure but after we are done I promise you will I get the twiglets out. Right me and Duggie will give you 30 grand?

( the footballer and the agent, look happy and surprised)

TS: See Duggie they like the sound of that. Like I say we are shopping at Harrod’s now! And as well as the 30 grand transfer fee we are going to give you 300 quid a week wages, on top of that!

OB’s Agent: We thought 30 grand was the weekly wage!

TS: Say lad, what do you think I am? Do you think I’m made o’ money!

( OB and OB”s Agent get up and work purposefully out of the door)

TS: Mester Boogle! Master Bogle! don’t be rash lad, we can sort summat out! Get after him Duggie. And show him the pork pie lad…..we have to pull out all the stops now!

( PD gets up from his seat and runs out of the room with the pork pie. A rather dejected TS, opens the Tizer bottle, takes a large gulp belches and starts to laugh)

THE END
    Last edited by the_idiotb_stardson; 16-02-2017 at 10:27 AM.

I think it was a red tie not a yellow one.

Other than that it sounds feasible.

(The ghost of Ken Booth passes silently through the room)

As they walked out, OB sent a text to his kids telling them that the Chuckle Brothers were far better live than on TV - two true comedians!

sorry, couldn't resist - goes for coat...

Made me laugh that IBS..

I assume that it is correct.

Very good!

Superb IBS. Made me laugh. I loved the fact you had Tony Stewart calling him Mr Beatle, so close to the probable truth it hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
    Superb IBS. Made me laugh. I loved the fact you had Tony Stewart calling him Mr Beatle, so close to the probable truth it hurts!
    When i was reading IBS thread i was chuckling my way through it as well,but then i thought to myself,what are you doing,this is my beloved football club here,so the thread is amusing,but for the sake of RUFC,i hope things improve dramatically next season,and we can start to smile again,and look forward to doing to the match,not dreading it,UTM.

I know what you are saying dmentor, but we haven't gt much else to smile about at the minute.

Disrespectful. At least.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Disrespectful. At least.
    Set em up.

Same again.