shopify analytics
+ Visit Rotherham United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59

Thread: Was I right all along?

  1. #1

    Was I right all along?

    We have IBS saying he may know who the next manager is with a ----- -------- clue but I have often felt Warnock hasn't finished with us yet and shared this with friends and family...

    The signing of the 'Plymouth' defender.... NW's neck of the woods.... coincidence?

    The two Cardiff players sent on loan or is he just helping us out?

    The cloak and dagger of not being able to say who's going to come in as the man in question is still tied to his club..,,

    The want to achieve a milestone 8th promotion as a manager... he is very unlikely to achieve that with Cardiff..... however look what's taking shape at ours and you have to ask the question is it him that's saying who to buy while keeping a low profile in his current position?

    I then see the back page of the Tizer today and low and behold it's got our very own chairman stating 'Warnock: the door stays open'

    Well I never... make of that what you will 😮

  2. #2
    Cardiff are slowly rising up the league though.
    Funds promised for next season?

  3. #3
    Adeyemi was loaned to us before Warnock became Cardiff Manager. But on the other hand can't see Cardiff competing with the parachute brigade or big money clubs next season in the championship next season.

  4. #4
    Got reservations about Warnock. If he comes and gets his 8th promotion I think he will leave us and enjoy his retirement. Rather have Warne personally. At least we will get him for at least 3 years so we can build. Stability and continuity is what we need not another "will he or won't he?" in the summer

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemiller View Post
    Got reservations about Warnock. If he comes and gets his 8th promotion I think he will leave us and enjoy his retirement. Rather have Warne personally. At least we will get him for at least 3 years so we can build. Stability and continuity is what we need not another "will he or won't he?" in the summer
    Agree with that Aussie.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemiller View Post
    Got reservations about Warnock. If he comes and gets his 8th promotion I think he will leave us and enjoy his retirement. Rather have Warne personally. At least we will get him for at least 3 years so we can build. Stability and continuity is what we need not another "will he or won't he?" in the summer
    Paul Warne is a great bloke but he isn't a manager and I hope he gets replaced by someone with the right credentials for the job before much longer. We are in a mess and it's getting worse with every game.
    By the way I don't think anyone will get anything like 3 years unless things go well right from the start. Tony Stewart is not a patient chairman.

  7. #7
    Warnock would only use us to satisfy his own ego then he'd be off

  8. #8
    I think you're being really harsh on Warney to be honest Mellow, we have been showing much more fight and the team really does seem to be tight as a unit. It's not Warne's fault that we're losing games, in reality we're losing games because our team/squad isn't good enough. For me Warne is getting as much as he can out of them, our biggest problem after that is the confidence is fragile, again, that has been bred into them throughout this season.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I think you're being really harsh on Warney to be honest Mellow, we have been showing much more fight and the team really does seem to be tight as a unit. It's not Warne's fault that we're losing games, in reality we're losing games because our team/squad isn't good enough. For me Warne is getting as much as he can out of them, our biggest problem after that is the confidence is fragile, again, that has been bred into them throughout this season.
    Believe me MM nobody wants Warney to do well more than I do. I've met him several times because his son plays for the same academy team as my grandson. As I said he's a great bloke and loves talking about all things Millers.
    However, I just don't think he's got what it takes to be a successful manager and I don't just mean because of the poor results the team is getting.
    As you say our squad is simply not good enough and even Merlin the magician would struggle to get good results out of that lot.
    I would suggest that wholesale changes are needed in a number of areas at our club and I think we need a professional with the right experience to address them.
    Paul Warne is doing his best in impossible circumstances but he's not the man for the job in the long term.......in my opinion.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Paul Warne is a great bloke but he isn't a manager and I hope he gets replaced by someone with the right credentials for the job before much longer. We are in a mess and it's getting worse with every game.
    By the way I don't think anyone will get anything like 3 years unless things go well right from the start. Tony Stewart is not a patient chairman.
    TS needs to learn to be more patient and give whoever he picks more time and make sure we get our targets instead of pi$$ing around trying to save a few bucks

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I think you're being really harsh on Warney to be honest Mellow, we have been showing much more fight and the team really does seem to be tight as a unit. It's not Warne's fault that we're losing games, in reality we're losing games because our team/squad isn't good enough. For me Warne is getting as much as he can out of them, our biggest problem after that is the confidence is fragile, again, that has been bred into them throughout this season.
    Here, here MM .... like

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemiller View Post
    TS needs to learn to be more patient and give whoever he picks more time and make sure we get our targets instead of pi$$ing around trying to save a few bucks
    Agree with every word of that.
    Not sure if trigger happy Tone will though.
    'Ow much?? 😞

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Believe me MM nobody wants Warney to do well more than I do. I've met him several times because his son plays for the same academy team as my grandson. As I said he's a great bloke and loves talking about all things Millers.
    However, I just don't think he's got what it takes to be a successful manager and I don't just mean because of the poor results the team is getting.
    As you say our squad is simply not good enough and even Merlin the magician would struggle to get good results out of that lot.
    I would suggest that wholesale changes are needed in a number of areas at our club and I think we need a professional with the right experience to address them.
    Paul Warne is doing his best in impossible circumstances but he's not the man for the job in the long term.......in my opinion.
    I do respect your opinion mellow, and accept it fully, my point is this though, we've been down the road of appointing 'names' as manager and they've all fell short except one, Warnock, who lets face it had nothing to lose and gambled on his style of play working in the short term, and they did, i'm sick of us employing people who don't give a ****e.
    My view is this, take a look at what Heckingbottom is doing at Barnsley, i think Warne could do similar, he gives a ****e, and it matters deeply to him.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,576
    If you look at the whole game/picture then anyone in their right mind can see Warney is not a manager, give him the job next season and he will be sacked then where's that leave him?

    Yes Warnock wants that promotion so wouldn't suprise me if he wants the job but personally I'd prefer to go with a longer term manager

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I do respect your opinion mellow, and accept it fully, my point is this though, we've been down the road of appointing 'names' as manager and they've all fell short except one, Warnock, who lets face it had nothing to lose and gambled on his style of play working in the short term, and they did, i'm sick of us employing people who don't give a ****e.
    My view is this, take a look at what Heckingbottom is doing at Barnsley, i think Warne could do similar, he gives a ****e, and it matters deeply to him.
    I think Warne's signings so far have improved the squad, well the two we have seen to date, Purrington & Ajayi. Hopefully the others will turn out as good when they play/arrive. I think O'Donnell was only brought in as backup but unfortunately Lewis Price got injured.

    Plus we have had a horrific run with injuries this year. When some of the sicknotes are weeded out and replaced with better, fitter players I think Warne will shine. He lives and breathes RUFC and the players put in for him. He has certainly got the effort that Stubbs and Jackett failed to get from the players. IMO we could do a lot worse with some of the mercenaries out there than Warne. The last two talked the talk but didn't walk the walk. OOPS! jacket did the walk - just not the one we wanted.

    All Managers have to start somewhere and Warne has made a good fist of it with both hands tied behind his back. He has the guts and tenacity to make it. That is why he is a RUFC legend. Give him a chance. He has done enough to deserve it if he wants the job and if TS thinks he can do it.
    Last edited by aussiemiller; 17-02-2017 at 01:46 PM.

  16. #16
    There is another manager,who will go on and break the record that stands for the number of promotions gained,and guess what,he used to manage the Millers,i wonder who that could be.

  17. #17
    What about a Uncle Colin/Warne combination.
    Master and pupil.
    Colin gets his promotion, Warne learns under his wing.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    If you look at the whole game/picture then anyone in their right mind can see Warney is not a manager, give him the job next season and he will be sacked then where's that leave him?

    Yes Warnock wants that promotion so wouldn't suprise me if he wants the job but personally I'd prefer to go with a longer term manager
    Looks like i'm not of the 'right mind' then, whatever that's supposed to mean....

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I do respect your opinion mellow, and accept it fully, my point is this though, we've been down the road of appointing 'names' as manager and they've all fell short except one, Warnock, who lets face it had nothing to lose and gambled on his style of play working in the short term, and they did, i'm sick of us employing people who don't give a ****e.
    My view is this, take a look at what Heckingbottom is doing at Barnsley, i think Warne could do similar, he gives a ****e, and it matters deeply to him.
    I'd like us to go for the Cowley brothers from Lincoln. They've restructured that club and seem to have a very professional approach.

  20. #20
    The problem with "building" with Warnsey is that he's NOT a bricky !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •