+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Was I right all along?

Must be nice to leave a club in tatters for his own personal ambition and then talk about a return to the club as a hero?

Warnocks procrastination and the culling of the squad left our club in a catastrophic position. He then simply walks away.

He was right when he said he would be staying for all the wrong reasons....what exactly has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Must be nice to leave a club in tatters for his own personal ambition and then talk about a return to the club as a hero?

Warnocks procrastination and the culling of the squad left our club in a catastrophic position. He then simply walks away.
    And here's us thinking it was all Stubbs fault.

PS: AS for the Barnsley "model" - that would be fine if we could have the injection of funds they'very had from the original sale - and another boost by the sell - on clause of just one player.

That injection of funds has made a great deal of difference to Barnsley's wage structure and abilities to "sweeten" deals.

The Barnsley manager should be measured with these mitigating circumstances taken into account - more money / wages makes for a better manager.

Crook.....many a true word said in jest my son !

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger View Post
    What is it with Rotherham, both the town and the club?

Both refuse to move on, the town still lives in the 1970s and the club (and it's supporters) have an obsession with past staff and players. Warne is supposedly ok because "he's a Miller" ditto Ronnie Moore, Paul Hurst, Branston, Breckin and others.

Time to break the mould and move on.
    Mick Harford, Andy Scott, Neil Redfearn, Alan Stubbs, Kenny Jackett? ....... hmmm, thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiemiller View Post
    Got reservations about Warnock. If he comes and gets his 8th promotion I think he will leave us and enjoy his retirement. Rather have Warne personally. At least we will get him for at least 3 years so we can build. Stability and continuity is what we need not another "will he or won't he?" in the summer
    No Way Jose

It's the... "Thinking" bit of the statement..

....."Thinking it was all Stubbs fault."

that's the pertinent part. The actuality is somewhat different.

Quote Originally Posted by dmentor View Post
    There is another manager,who will go on and break the record that stands for the number of promotions gained,and guess what,he used to manage the Millers,i wonder who that could be.
    Big Stevie dmentor?

Of course he will!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger View Post
    What is it with Rotherham, both the town and the club?

Both refuse to move on, the town still lives in the 1970s and the club (and it's supporters) have an obsession with past staff and players. Warne is supposedly ok because "he's a Miller" ditto Ronnie Moore, Paul Hurst, Branston, Breckin and others.

Time to break the mould and move on.
    Nowt wrong with Rotherham Town centre in the 70s JR if you compare it to now. Proper shops, pubs and night clubs, a cinema, record shops.

The 70s on the other hand was not a golden era for the Millers. All spent in third and fourth divisions with only a few bright points being promotion and a near miss.

The reason for the obsession may have something to do with the fact that fans think that these guys "Get the club" and all have tasted sucess with us. Its obvious from reading the posts on here that everyone hastheir own idea of who should be manager. However, nobody knows who will be sucessful. It could be Warne, Warnock, Hurst or a complete outsider. If and when an appointment is made it will divide opinion. Anyone remember the reaction when we appointed Steve Evans?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    We have IBS saying he may know who the next manager is with a ----- -------- clue but I have often felt Warnock hasn't finished with us yet and shared this with friends and family...

The signing of the 'Plymouth' defender.... NW's neck of the woods.... coincidence?

The two Cardiff players sent on loan or is he just helping us out?

The cloak and dagger of not being able to say who's going to come in as the man in question is still tied to his club..,,

The want to achieve a milestone 8th promotion as a manager... he is very unlikely to achieve that with Cardiff..... however look what's taking shape at ours and you have to ask the question is it him that's saying who to buy while keeping a low profile in his current position?

I then see the back page of the Tizer today and low and behold it's got our very own chairman stating 'Warnock: the door stays open'

Well I never... make of that what you will ��
    If he retires and gives Blackwell a good reference then I'd be over the moon

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast