+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Was I right all along?

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I think you're being really harsh on Warney to be honest Mellow, we have been showing much more fight and the team really does seem to be tight as a unit. It's not Warne's fault that we're losing games, in reality we're losing games because our team/squad isn't good enough. For me Warne is getting as much as he can out of them, our biggest problem after that is the confidence is fragile, again, that has been bred into them throughout this season.
    Here, here MM .... like

Quote Originally Posted by aussiemiller View Post
    TS needs to learn to be more patient and give whoever he picks more time and make sure we get our targets instead of pi$$ing around trying to save a few bucks
    Agree with every word of that.
    Not sure if trigger happy Tone will though.
    'Ow much?? 😞

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Believe me MM nobody wants Warney to do well more than I do. I've met him several times because his son plays for the same academy team as my grandson. As I said he's a great bloke and loves talking about all things Millers.
    However, I just don't think he's got what it takes to be a successful manager and I don't just mean because of the poor results the team is getting.
    As you say our squad is simply not good enough and even Merlin the magician would struggle to get good results out of that lot.
    I would suggest that wholesale changes are needed in a number of areas at our club and I think we need a professional with the right experience to address them.
    Paul Warne is doing his best in impossible circumstances but he's not the man for the job in the long term.......in my opinion.
    I do respect your opinion mellow, and accept it fully, my point is this though, we've been down the road of appointing 'names' as manager and they've all fell short except one, Warnock, who lets face it had nothing to lose and gambled on his style of play working in the short term, and they did, i'm sick of us employing people who don't give a ****e.
    My view is this, take a look at what Heckingbottom is doing at Barnsley, i think Warne could do similar, he gives a ****e, and it matters deeply to him.

If you look at the whole game/picture then anyone in their right mind can see Warney is not a manager, give him the job next season and he will be sacked then where's that leave him?

Yes Warnock wants that promotion so wouldn't suprise me if he wants the job but personally I'd prefer to go with a longer term manager

I do respect your opinion mellow, and accept it fully, my point is this though, we've been down the road of appointing 'names' as manager and they've all fell short except one, Warnock, who lets face it had nothing to lose and gambled on his style of play working in the short term, and they did, i'm sick of us employing people who don't give a ****e.
    My view is this, take a look at what Heckingbottom is doing at Barnsley, i think Warne could do similar, he gives a ****e, and it matters deeply to him.
    I think Warne's signings so far have improved the squad, well the two we have seen to date, Purrington & Ajayi. Hopefully the others will turn out as good when they play/arrive. I think O'Donnell was only brought in as backup but unfortunately Lewis Price got injured.

Plus we have had a horrific run with injuries this year. When some of the sicknotes are weeded out and replaced with better, fitter players I think Warne will shine. He lives and breathes RUFC and the players put in for him. He has certainly got the effort that Stubbs and Jackett failed to get from the players. IMO we could do a lot worse with some of the mercenaries out there than Warne. The last two talked the talk but didn't walk the walk. OOPS! jacket did the walk - just not the one we wanted.

All Managers have to start somewhere and Warne has made a good fist of it with both hands tied behind his back. He has the guts and tenacity to make it. That is why he is a RUFC legend. Give him a chance. He has done enough to deserve it if he wants the job and if TS thinks he can do it.
    Last edited by aussiemiller; 17-02-2017 at 02:46 PM.

There is another manager,who will go on and break the record that stands for the number of promotions gained,and guess what,he used to manage the Millers,i wonder who that could be.

What about a Uncle Colin/Warne combination.
    Master and pupil.
    Colin gets his promotion, Warne learns under his wing.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    If you look at the whole game/picture then anyone in their right mind can see Warney is not a manager, give him the job next season and he will be sacked then where's that leave him?

Yes Warnock wants that promotion so wouldn't suprise me if he wants the job but personally I'd prefer to go with a longer term manager
    Looks like i'm not of the 'right mind' then, whatever that's supposed to mean....

I'd like us to go for the Cowley brothers from Lincoln. They've restructured that club and seem to have a very professional approach.

The problem with "building" with Warnsey is that he's NOT a bricky !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast