shopify analytics
+ Visit Barnsley FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Goaline Technology

Goaline Technology

Being introduced into the Championship next season !!
    Is it needed ?

As long as they stick to just goal line technology I'm ok with that

Goal line technology

bit of a clue into what its used for really

Anothasmart a rse , dunt kno arr thi dunt cutthissens so sharp !!

It's probably the 1st time (ever) that I disagree with thi, ESR! I think we'll benefit (football and especially us) from video technology - penalties for handball outside the area, stonewall ones for us not given! I know the argument about slowing the game down but getting the decisions right is more important for me - remember the recent penalty given v us, then, thankfully the linesman had enough about him to say it wasn't
    Decisions go v us much more often than for us (even allowing for my personal bias) - it's the injustice of rubbish decisions that spoil it for me (plus the increased gamesmanship in the championship - I'd forgotten how much I didn't miss that!)

I'll just say Steven Watt's header against Rotherham 2005 and the final table at the end of that season. It's swings and roundabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    It's probably the 1st time (ever) that I disagree with thi, ESR! I think we'll benefit (football and especially us) from video technology - penalties for handball outside the area, stonewall ones for us not given! I know the argument about slowing the game down but getting the decisions right is more important for me - remember the recent penalty given v us, then, thankfully the linesman had enough about him to say it wasn't
    Decisions go v us much more often than for us (even allowing for my personal bias) - it's the injustice of rubbish decisions that spoil it for me (plus the increased gamesmanship in the championship - I'd forgotten how much I didn't miss that!)
    I wouldn't want to see things change too much . The ball crossing the goal line is simple for technology it's either yes or no , no argument. When you start with other decisions in it starts to be open to interpretation and someone would be having to make the same difficult call by watching videos.
    Was it ball to hand or hand to ball for the penalty shout . Did he get the ball or the man . All the TV cameras and technology they have now and they still disagree on MOTD or Sky when the pundits are analysing things in the studio. I just worry that they'd still not be certain and the game would stop start too much.

What is becoming clear though is that the faster and fitter these footballers get , a 50 year old slightly overweight bloke running 50yards behind play is not going to get everything right and is going to struggle more and more as the players get faster .

Agree with that East Stand n' Fergie was fined for saying more or less same thing all them years ago.

Not much call for it really, how many points have poor refs cost us this season?

I would like to see TV involved to stop the "Diving" in the game.This works with Rugby so there is no reason why it shouldn't work in football.

ask the Lincoln City fans if its worthwhile

as it certainly helped them out out at Burnley