+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robinson return?

Robinson return?

Well then. The Sun suggests that he'll be back as first team coach from Monday to fill the gap in the dugout due to McGhee's expected ban. Lots of implications there methinks.

Assuming who brought him in it's a massive kick in the teeth for McGhee and McFadden. Looks like someone doesn't trust one or either of them. McGhee certainly won't be missed if and when he gets banned. He would be better off in the stand anyway. Or further away would be even better, where is his family home....Brighton. Something needs done, we can't keep losing games and goals the way we have in recent weeks. we are only going one way under McGhee.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    Well then. The Sun suggests that he'll be back as first team coach from Monday to fill the gap in the dugout due to McGhee's expected ban. Lots of implications there methinks.
    Very much so. I think it very unlikely though that Robinson will be brought in without Mark McGhee's sayso. IF that isn't the case I can see Mr McGhee being very upset.

I think it's a good move. It's very hard to know the true influence and impact of assistants but from the chat that went around Robinson he definitely contributed last year. It is clear that from comments made in summer Faddy was very much a convenient and cheap stop-gap solution. He can continue his coaching development easily enough even with another body in the dug out and Robinson will hopefully give us some much needed impetus on the pitch for the closing months.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    In a word yes. Is today's news linked to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    I think it's a good move. It's very hard to know the true influence and impact of assistants but from the chat that went around Robinson he definitely contributed last year. It is clear that from comments made in summer Faddy was very much a convenient and cheap stop-gap solution. He can continue his coaching development easily enough even with another body in the dug out and Robinson will hopefully give us some much needed impetus on the pitch for the closing months.
    Sorry but Robinson was utter ****e for us and we were left bottom of div1,worst goals scored in the division and played the most boring football since Dave Penney.I wish you all well ...you will need a lot of luck.OAFC since he left have got 21 points from 10 games .

Quote Originally Posted by Flemboy View Post
    Sorry but Robinson was utter ****e for us and we were left bottom of div1,worst goals scored in the division and played the most boring football since Dave Penney.I wish you all well ...you will need a lot of luck.OAFC since he left have got 21 points from 10 games .
    Thanks mate for that positive feedback! 😞

Quote Originally Posted by Flemboy View Post
    Fair do's...sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)