+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton.

Joey Barton.

Is he just a mindless cheating wimp of a thug or does it run deeper into his mental health?
    If it is his mental health/personality disorder then he requires professional help.
    I do not know what to make of him.
    Is he going to end up like Gazza?
    Thoughts? Linky...
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/footbal...d5eb1a08625de4

It's not all bad being a MOD on fotie mad but I think he could do better tbf

The second and third incidents are an embarrassment, Barton should be ashamed of his actions, but i bet he won't!

Alf?
    Your valued opinion on Barton?

Quote Originally Posted by trickydick View Post
    Alf?
    Your valued opinion on Barton?
    Check out the elbow he got and you will see why he went for Big and Numb ...

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Check out the elbow he got and you will see why he went for Big and Numb ...
    Fair enough Alf. He is your player so i guess you condone his behavior. That's fair enough

Fair enough Alf. He is your player so i guess you condone his behavior. That's fair enough
    No,I don't condone it Tricky and Barton was well out of order,but read this unbiased report from a decent Journo..

Magnificent occasion, magnificent story. The gentle folk of east Lancashire aside, who didn't let out a cheer when that winning goal went in ? And yet, in the first half, a series of incidents, ignored.
    Matt Rhead, Lincoln's striker, is one of those big lads who likes to put it about. There are not so many of them on the continent, because they get sent off. But not here. We love them.
    Rhead won several balls, arms up. And on one occasion he hit Joey Barton, side of the head, with an elbow, as recklessly as anything you'll see all season. Graham Scott, a Premier League referee, did nothing.
    Barton, in the second half, made a fool of himself. He threw an elbow back at Alan Power, struck Terry Hawkridge, stamped on Rhead and then tried to get him sent off with a ridiculous tumble. But all of this stemmed from Scott's first half inertia, which was not mentioned anywhere in the euphoria of Lincoln's win.
    We can't have it all ways. Newspapers that devote pages to concern about head trauma in football, were either oblivious or indifferent. Match of the Day did not even show the earlier incidents in their highlights.
    At one stage a commentator referred to a referee playing 'FA Cup rules' as if the regulations permit some additional liveliness if it's to the benefit of the underdog and the drama".

Is he just a mindless cheating wimp of a thug or does it run deeper into his mental health?
    If it is his mental health/personality disorder then he requires professional help.

I do not know what to make of him.
    Is he going to end up like Gazza?
    Thoughts? Linky...
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/footbal...d5eb1a08625de4
    all of the above highlighted, what a prize tw4t. Sorry Alfi but I just cant stand the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    all of the above highlighted, what a prize tw4t. Sorry Alfi but I just cant stand the guy.
    I will admit at first I couldn't as well,but he carried us to the league title last year without a bit of bother ,he was exemplary..He has been exemplary again since re joining us,apart from that cup tie.. Maybe you lads would think differently of him if he played for you... Still a great player at premier level,he will be sadly missed when he gets a very long suspension that will see out his career..

He's a wild one at times but after seeing him be interviewed at length some time back I thought he was highly intelligent and honest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast