+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Annual general meeting

Against

Given that the Board of Directors are doing such a superb job, I am firmly in the no camp.

However, should circumstances change in the future, then it may be the best for the club; but at the moment it would be madness to rock the boat.

There are too many organisations that get nothing done due to people deliberating over silly 'points of order' and as a consequence they end up stagnating. Queens BOD are able to move extremely fast and they are a very go-ahead team.

Another thing that Queens are really good at is listening to the fans, - considering the points they raise and often making them a reality.

Like all clubs, Queens are not perfect - and there are many aspects that could be improved. Through the Trust, I would like to see them chip away and act as the catalyst for change (for the better) within the club. In so doing, the club will become stronger and by working in partnership towards the ultimate goal, the Trust might just be surprised in the future.

Personally , I think Queens have got the balance spot on now between fan interaction and being 'unhindered' in making the best decisions for the club . You can put your queries to them and the points get answered to the best of their knowledge . Not sure many clubs would give such instant responses or even answer in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Given that the Board of Directors are doing such a superb job, I am firmly in the no camp.

However, should circumstances change in the future, then it may be the best for the club; but at the moment it would be madness to rock the boat.

There are too many organisations that get nothing done due to people deliberating over silly 'points of order' and as a consequence they end up stagnating. Queens BOD are able to move extremely fast and they are a very go-ahead team.

Another thing that Queens are really good at is listening to the fans, - considering the points they raise and often making them a reality.

Like all clubs, Queens are not perfect - and there are many aspects that could be improved. Through the Trust, I would like to see them chip away and act as the catalyst for change (for the better) within the club. In so doing, the club will become stronger and by working in partnership towards the ultimate goal, the Trust might just be surprised in the future.
    The whole point is that if things change in the future, it may be too late. Loads of football clubs have been ****ed over by their Board for all sorts of reasons. They may indeedbe a great dynamic BOD at Queens who can do all the things you say and more but there should still be a democratically elected fan on the BOD to have proper checks and balances.

Football is changing in Scotland. The other night I was sitting next to one of the Trust in Hearts Directors at the Wimbledon game. She is a very well repsected business woman who with respect is a bigger hitter than any of the Queens Directors. She wa every pro-fan-owned clubs which is hardly surprising when you consider what Hearts fans have been through in recent times.

Im not surprised that nothing changes at Queens as despite the good work that the Board have undoubtedly done over recent years, there still a small-town mentality at the club and the town.

Really hope the TRUST can take tonight's defeat at the AGM on the chin and move on . The last thing we need is any bad feeelings between club and some of it's supporters

Quote Originally Posted by KingfaetheSooth View Post
    The whole point is that if things change in the future, it may be too late. Loads of football clubs have been ****ed over by their Board for all sorts of reasons. They may indeedbe a great dynamic BOD at Queens who can do all the things you say and more but there should still be a democratically elected fan on the BOD to have proper checks and balances.

Football is changing in Scotland. The other night I was sitting next to one of the Trust in Hearts Directors at the Wimbledon game. She is a very well repsected business woman who with respect is a bigger hitter than any of the Queens Directors. She wa every pro-fan-owned clubs which is hardly surprising when you consider what Hearts fans have been through in recent times.

Im not surprised that nothing changes at Queens as despite the good work that the Board have undoubtedly done over recent years, there still a small-town mentality at the club and the town.
    Once again you try and slag off our great wee club. Yes we are a small town and a small club in the second teir of a second rate football nation. Yes we have no hard hitters on our board but what we have work their socks off as our wee team continue to fight above our weight with teams on a higher budget. We have a tidy 3g pitch and a sports arena which provides a steady income.

We have achieved much and I find your comments unacceptable.

i see the point these guys are trying to make here admin ,there is far too many queens fans that sit on the view that we are as big as we can be ,which is where the small town mentality comes about or in other words could be said as not looking like we have the ambition to better that scenario ,im in the camp of ambition and defo dont like the idea of this being the best we can be ,i want to see limitless ambition we have got to a decent level and we should be building on that year on year ,that way it will only be a matter of time until the bar is raised .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i see the point these guys are trying to make here admin ,there is far too many queens fans that sit on the view that we are as big as we can be ,which is where the small town mentality comes about or in other words could be said as not looking like we have the ambition to better that scenario ,im in the camp of ambition and defo dont like the idea of this being the best we can be ,i want to see limitless ambition we have got to a decent level and we should be building on that year on year ,that way it will only be a matter of time until the bar is raised .
    While agreeing that we need to become a bigger club , I do think the board has the right idea at the moment . We need a solid base to protect us against the ups and downs of the football world and I think that is what they are achieving at the moment. I am hoping there aim is to get together enough money to build a new main stand (at least) as that is a must for this club before we become "Bigger"

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Once again you try and slag off our great wee club. Yes we are a small town and a small club in the second teir of a second rate football nation. Yes we have no hard hitters on our board but what we have work their socks off as our wee team continue to fight above our weight with teams on a higher budget. We have a tidy 3g pitch and a sports arena which provides a steady income.

We have achieved much and I find your comments unacceptable.
    Wind your neck in. I'm not slating either the club or the Board or what has been achieved in recent times. I'm saying football, particularly in Scotland, is changing and Queens need to move with the times. I find the idea that a fans' representative on the Board would somehow stymie the way they operate or would stop them operating in a timely fashion frankly ludicrous.

My main point is that while the current Board might well have the club's and fans interests at heart, that may not always be the case in the future. It's much easier to put the checks and balances in place when the club has a successful Board who works in everyone's interest. Failing to do this, puts doubts in people's minds that everything at the club is open to public scrutiny from the fans. For example, what is the tendering procedure for things like catering, building work, commercial sponsorship etc? It also could suggest that the hierarchy of the club is merely a private club for local business people who despite being fans don't want to involve the fans in the running or decision making.

Anyway, a vote was taken and the shareholders were consulted and a show of hands vote was taken. I accept that outcome and you won't hear again from me on here on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by KingfaetheSooth View Post
    Wind your neck in. I'm not slating either the club or the Board or what has been achieved in recent times. I'm saying football, particularly in Scotland, is changing and Queens need to move with the times. I find the idea that a fans' representative on the Board would somehow stymie the way they operate or would stop them operating in a timely fashion frankly ludicrous.

My main point is that while the current Board might well have the club's and fans interests at heart, that may not always be the case in the future. It's much easier to put the checks and balances in place when the club has a successful Board who works in everyone's interest. Failing to do this, puts doubts in people's minds that everything at the club is open to public scrutiny from the fans. For example, what is the tendering procedure for things like catering, building work, commercial sponsorship etc? It also could suggest that the hierarchy of the club is merely a private club for local business people who despite being fans don't want to involve the fans in the running or decision making.

Anyway, a vote was taken and the shareholders were consulted and a show of hands vote was taken. I accept that outcome and you won't hear again from me on here on the matter.
    How nice we won't hear from you again on this matter !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)