+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Annual general meeting

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasQOS View Post
    While agreeing that we need to become a bigger club , I do think the board has the right idea at the moment . We need a solid base to protect us against the ups and downs of the football world and I think that is what they are achieving at the moment. I am hoping there aim is to get together enough money to build a new main stand (at least) as that is a must for this club before we become "Bigger"
    Fully concur Douglas we need a new stand and a bigger social club - the amount of revenue lost on match days due to lack of capacity must be quite considerable.

Don't think anyone can be shocked with the result . Said it weeks ago it would never happen
    Norman Blounts speech was fantastic and a master stroke by Queens . I'm sorry but he made the Trust look like a bunch of amateurs. They simply had no answers .
    The most important thing now is for the TRUST to fully accept the result and move on . I've read some pretty sad remarks for the losers this morning and it just doesn't help matters . We're in good hands and need everyone onside

Not sure if there's anyway the Trust can continue after this ??!!?

I don't see why not.

A post I made appears to have been deleted. Any explanation why Admin?

Can't believe you deleted Palmy_Cammy's comment admin

Wasn't that long ago you were begging people to post on here as it faced closer

Quote Originally Posted by palmy_cammy View Post
    A post I made appears to have been deleted. Any explanation why Admin?

Very bizarre????

Was there much of a Q&A? I'd like to know more about the horrendous trading loss prior to write offs this year and what is projected going forward based on concert fiasco and the Scottish cup exit. Also very curious to know what happened in our cost of sales, the commercial income does not seem as profitable as the football stuff, is the associated wages the problem as our gpm is around 9% and the cash reserves have dwindled massively.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy10 View Post
    Was there much of a Q&A? I'd like to know more about the horrendous trading loss prior to write offs this year and what is projected going forward based on concert fiasco and the Scottish cup exit. Also very curious to know what happened in our cost of sales, the commercial income does not seem as profitable as the football stuff, is the associated wages the problem as our gpm is around 9% and the cash reserves have dwindled massively.
    There was every opportunity to query the accounts and I 'm sure if you put your questions on the new Q and A facility on the Official Site they will be answered. The club have made it clear they will listen to anyone.

Not sure of the Scottyboy poster works in the financial world but he does seem to know a fair bit about the subject going by these questions. Even the ordinary man / fan in the street could see there was a big trading loss prior to the write offs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)