+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FFS TS...Why don't you listen?

Surely you can see though that Evans' model was only ever short term? We had a lot of dead wood on the side after he left.

I can't thank the bloke enough for what he did for this football club, and the day at Wembley is one of my all time favourite days, but this club is still reeling from the in & out policy.

Saying that though what has followed has been nothing short of staggering incompetence. There is a real lack of vision at the club and we follow whatever direction the club finds itself falling in; as opposed to somebody taking ownership & accountability of the club's footballing well being and steering it in the right direction. As I said previously, there is nor right answer to this. All I know is for the long term it isn't Steve Evans. It equally isn't Tony Stewart selling up.

There has to be investment i the infrastructure. The dreaded porta-loo gym isn't befitting of a professional football club in this country, let alone the second tier. That alone would surely have put Omar Bogle off!

Under Stewart we have signed players that I've considered a coup, such as Pringle, Agard, Frecklington & Nicky Law (who incidentally didn't actually impress me). I was also optimistic about Tom Thorpe being here. Stewart has still taken punts on players, but they haven't worked in recent time. For me this all boils down to one thing; we will not attract Championship standard players because we are not a Championship standard club. In fact, we are nowhere near a Championship standard club.

Quote Originally Posted by royalfunkness View Post
    Surely you can see though that Evans' model was only ever short term? We had a lot of dead wood on the side after he left.

I can't thank the bloke enough for what he did for this football club, and the day at Wembley is one of my all time favourite days, but this club is still reeling from the in & out policy.

Saying that though what has followed has been nothing short of staggering incompetence. There is a real lack of vision at the club and we follow whatever direction the club finds itself falling in; as opposed to somebody taking ownership & accountability of the club's footballing well being and steering it in the right direction. As I said previously, there is nor right answer to this. All I know is for the long term it isn't Steve Evans. It equally isn't Tony Stewart selling up.

There has to be investment i the infrastructure. The dreaded porta-loo gym isn't befitting of a professional football club in this country, let alone the second tier. That alone would surely have put Omar Bogle off!

Under Stewart we have signed players that I've considered a coup, such as Pringle, Agard, Frecklington & Nicky Law (who incidentally didn't actually impress me). I was also optimistic about Tom Thorpe being here. Stewart has still taken punts on players, but they haven't worked in recent time. For me this all boils down to one thing; we will not attract Championship standard players because we are not a Championship standard club. In fact, we are nowhere near a Championship standard club.

Ffs I can't hold my finger any longer...... this site is full of in educated idiots !! Now I'm not narrow minded enough to tarnish everyone with that brush so for those who actually talk an ounce of sense accept my apologies but..... to listen to the crap that gets spouted on here is beyond comprehension quote "the rot set in when we appointed Evans"!!!!! Unferkinbelievable that same rot got us automatically promoted then a win at Wembley for back to back promotions then what turned out to be a fairly comfortable survival in the end. His recruitment is like most if not all managers some good some not so good. Evans brought in a defender that left us to play in the champions league against Real Madrid then played in the euro finals in a team that knocked us out of the tournament so clearly he didn't have a clue did he!!!! Evans like all our managers managed in this league with hands tied and I'm pretty god dam sure that all managers like him would have utilised the loan market to its full use I.e. Odidja, Lawrence, hunt, tavs, dicko. Etc etc wish people would just look at the facts before spouting bollox. I for one will continually support my team regardless. This site has gone to pot.

"Un" spelling correction before I get attacked by the spelling police!!!!!

The short-termism of Evans' style of management is based on having both lots of money and luck. There is a huge price to pay and we're paying it now as I said we would. We won at Wembley due to Dagnall's missed pen. It was obvious to the netral to see neither side were equipped for the step up. I also believe Jackett was shown everything but how things operated behind the scenes. Such gross amateurism scared the life out of him. TS has never chosen a manager successfully. The only ones with real knowhow were Warnock and co. But they weren't interviewed, they put themselves forward and pulled off a tremendous rescue act. We should be in Div1 already, utterly rudderless and with no players worth keeping. 500k for Taylor? Evans would've been proud of such a balls up. Our so-called striker, Blackstock arriving unfit, long term injured? Again Evans would be happy.

We need so many things that it's impossible to list them all. In Div4 (where we truly belong) we needed to win our last 5 games and for those above us to falter. They did. We played Crewe at home and it went as follows 0-1 1-1 1-2
    2-2. Then Crewe got a ***** pen and missed it. We scored late on to win 4-2, more luck for Evans even though with his cash advantage he shouldn't have needed it. Now he's back in Div4 and we're penniless despite what TS wants us to believe. And without our money to build a whole new squad in the summer like we always have to do during his tenure? Forget it! Let him pay for his many mistakes himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete View Post
    Ffs I can't hold my finger any longer...... this site is full of in educated idiots !! Now I'm not narrow minded enough to tarnish everyone with that brush so for those who actually talk an ounce of sense accept my apologies but..... to listen to the crap that gets spouted on here is beyond comprehension quote "the rot set in when we appointed Evans"!!!!! Unferkinbelievable that same rot got us automatically promoted then a win at Wembley for back to back promotions then what turned out to be a fairly comfortable survival in the end. His recruitment is like most if not all managers some good some not so good. Evans brought in a defender that left us to play in the champions league against Real Madrid then played in the euro finals in a team that knocked us out of the tournament so clearly he didn't have a clue did he!!!! Evans like all our managers managed in this league with hands tied and I'm pretty god dam sure that all managers like him would have utilised the loan market to its full use I.e. Odidja, Lawrence, hunt, tavs, dicko. Etc etc wish people would just look at the facts before spouting bollox. I for one will continually support my team regardless. This site has gone to pot.
    Some people are just clowns. They don't rate our most successful managers, so they will NEVER be pleased whatever happens. When have we ever had a long term plan that worked? How many clubs actually have? We are near the bottom of the pile. Zilzal calls us a division 4 club, yet he has a problem with a bloke who took us up two divisions. What does he want? Constant division 4 football under someone like Andy Scott???

We ARE a small club. It's rare for small clubs to have long term plans, it's constant fire fighting. Evans was good at that. Look at the two disasters that were Redfearn ad Stubbs.

Would I rather have a manager who take us to the Championship with two successive promotions and then keeps us there, but changes his squad every year, or a manager who claims to have a long term plan, but we actually end up back where the first guy took us from? It defies belief. I understand thick people not understanding where we lie in the football world, and not realising that winning football matches should always be the first priority of a football club, but for intelligent people not to see that is baffling.

Evans spent too much/wasted money with the amount of players he got in.

Did you not hear TS interview?

Clowns and idiots because you don't agree with some posters

As I stated previously I can't thank Evans enough for what he did. I remember the first game following announced appointment, we were in a pub outside the DVS (the Cocked Hat/Top Hat??) and I was the only person who said this guy was the right appointment at the time. I was ultimately proved to be right and we owe him for where we are now. He took us here almost miraculously, but he also left without any indication that we could improve.

Of course you have to have a long term plan. Both from a business and football stance; our ultimate goal should be for us to be a sustainable Championship side, so how do RUFC go about this? First of all they need somebody behind the scenes who can take control of the footballing vision of the club and make it fit. He doesn't train the players or pick the team but he has a say in the recruitment process and would liaise with coaching staff about how we should be looking to play. Do we sign players or try to develop our own?

I used to be against the role of a DoF, but I now think that it will benefit a club in the long term. Especially a club like us. Maybe a DoF would have worked with Evans and we wouldn't have been in this mess; Evans had a check on what he was doing and how he was doing it but still got to motivate the players & directly manage the side.

I'll tell you one thing, not selling Danny Ward for the 'quoted' sums I think was a huge mistake. If the sums were real.

not sure how we can plan long term without a decent training facility and junior structure... things like this take 5 years plus and we all know how fans are going into meltdown this season. if TS has already put 37 million into the club how much more would he need to add to pay for the above

in defence of evans he brought in loads of players but spent little on transfer fees. he still blew the budget but mainly on wages rather than fees. and people forget he sold agard for close on 1 million... if the club had dealt with contracts better players like pringle and arni could have been sold for a fee.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast