+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Listen to us Warney and throw the Gauntlet back at Stewarts

You can add Keith Curle and Paul Tisdale to a list of managers that may or may not be available at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Got to disagree with you Gorky. Why hang on til the close season when any new manager will have little knowledge of what he has inherited and what recruits are needed ? Plus the way our club conducts its transfer business he may not get who he wants pre-season. Stewart obviously wants to avoid paying compensation but to re-ignite supporter interest he needs some-one in now. Ainsworth,Nathan Jones or Rosler would all be good candidates but if he wont pay we'll finish up with one of the has-beens like Cotterill.
    I think any manager worth his salt would be scouting us already if he's going to be applying for the job.

And he'll know already that we need about 15 new players.

But the head of recruitment is working on that.

Only Ainsworth & Nathan Jones out of names I've heard mentioned look un-exposed. They look like they've got more to offer. Only problem is they're with clubs chasing a play-off place.

I'd sooner stick with Warney & wait for the right man. Don't want a journeyman, had more clubs than Jack Nicholas.

There's a Brighton connection with Nathan Jones and Jamie Johnson
    Luton aren't exactly ripping up Div 2 though

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Warney has a guaranteed job no matter what - TS has said so
    Not up to TS who the next manager might want in his backroom staff and could put many off.

So if warne does have a 'job for life' (does that even count if he resigns like you keep calling for him to do?) we are either paying him to do nothing or looking at Warne does his business, he would have to walk away rather than take money for cleaning boots or something.

Do we need to think about next year? Yes. Has Warne made the team better? Yes I think. You wouldn't resign a job with no where to go and it is unfair of you to expect someone else to do the same. TS needs to resolve it, not Warne.

Quote Originally Posted by fivetide View Post
    Not up to TS who the next manager might want in his backroom staff and could put many off.

So if warne does have a 'job for life' (does that even count if he resigns like you keep calling for him to do?) we are either paying him to do nothing or looking at Warne does his business, he would have to walk away rather than take money for cleaning boots or something.

Do we need to think about next year? Yes. Has Warne made the team better? Yes I think. You wouldn't resign a job with no where to go and it is unfair of you to expect someone else to do the same. TS needs to resolve it, not Warne.
    He's not asking him to resign from his job (fitness coach) but interim manager.
    I can't see where we have improved, maybe change the formation and we will see a difference. There's some players there that are good enough but until either the formation changes or we get a manager in then the players are being let down imo

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    There's a Brighton connection with Nathan Jones and Jamie Johnson
    Luton aren't exactly ripping up Div 2 though
    Luton Nathan Jones are in 4th & Wycombe Ainsworth are 9th league 2.

Another few weeks might be able to temp Ainsworth away. Looks a manager to me.

Liking the idea of this throwing back the gauntlet. Maybe it could be done medieval style with a slap across the face and a duel at dawn on Herringthorpe playing fields.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger View Post
    Liking the idea of this throwing back the gauntlet. Maybe it could be done medieval style with a slap across the face and a duel at dawn on Herringthorpe playing fields.
    Would we need a ticket ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123