+ Visit Tottenham Hotspur FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The mighty lions

The mighty lions

Dave: If you have that funny feeling of butterflies in your stomach, If your throat is dry, if you keep waking up in the middle of the night with a cold sweat..don't worry, it's normal...you are playing the ´Wall in the next round!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Dave: If you have that funny feeling of butterflies in your stomach, If your throat is dry, if you keep waking up in the middle of the night with a cold sweat..don't worry, it's normal...you are playing the ´Wall in the next round!
    Nice try Frenchie but I am feeling very confident. We showed yesterday that if we play our first team we can easily deal with the minnows!! To be honest I was very surprised that Fulham seemed to lack any belief that they could beat us. If we had been playing at the Den it would have been harder but at the Lane we will be fine. It doesn't take anything away from Wall's great cup run.

Fortunately you have Harry Kane....you know... the guy who learnt his trade at Millwall.

Fortunately you have Harry Kane....you know... the guy who learnt his trade at Millwall.
    He sure as hell did Frenchie, maybe for that reason he will go easy on us.. wonder how many tickets we will get and where is it going to be played ???

Ahhh, Millwall now saying it will be White Hart Lane.

As a thank you to the full house that turned up on saturday tickets will only be 10 quid for the Chesterfield game, nice one.
    Last edited by claw84; 20-02-2017 at 04:34 PM.

This one takes me back to 1967(?) when we played the Spurs in the cup down at the Den. We played out a 0-0 draw in front of 42000 fans in an indescribable atmosphere. I went to the replay at the lane and found myself locked out with thousands of other fans (mainly Millwall) All that we could do is listen to the reaction of the crowd inside a packed WHL. Talk about frustrated! We lost 1-0 that night to an Alan Gilzean goal. A few years later we played the Spurs again in the league cup at the lane but this time there was no real match and we were comfortably beaten 2-0. That was the last time I went to WHL.

History is against you Lions, in 26 matches between us you have won only twice and only four draws. The last time you beat us was in 1939 and both wins were at the Den. I do remember coming to the Den in 1989 when we won 5-0.

One thing for sure Davee is that we will respect the cup and will bring our best team

One thing for sure Davee is that we will respect the cup and will bring our best team
    and the lions roar...................

He's coming for you, Harry Kane he's coming for you.

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    He's coming for you, Harry Kane he's coming for you.
    Watched him down the Den, great player. Got to say though Davee that not a single one of our players cost anywhere near a million, so to get this far in the Cup is quite an achievment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)