+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming games....

we will see in the next 3 games for us as we have Fulham and Derby away then Reading at home a week tomorrow. If we pick up 3 points or less then we are mid table mediocrity which is fine by me. However 6-9 points from these games and its game on

If Leeds are to have any hopes of automatic they need to beat Brum tonight.. I fancy them to do it as well..

Same applies to Preston at Fulham,another they need to win to have a chance of play offs ..Could end up a draw

Clarets away to Swansea ,a hard game for us,but it's matches like these ee need to pick up the odd point,do I would be more than happy with a draw..

I think Burnsley blowing hot and cold so anything could happen to them..hard one to predict..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    If Leeds are to have any hopes of automatic they need to beat Brum tonight.. I fancy them to do it as well..

Same applies to Preston at Fulham,another they need to win to have a chance of play offs ..Could end up a draw

Clarets away to Swansea ,a hard game for us,but it's matches like these ee need to pick up the odd point,do I would be more than happy with a draw..

I think Burnsley blowing hot and cold so anything could happen to them..hard one to predict..
    Yeah agree with you Alfi on this and a draw in our game doesnt help either side. Your game at Swansea is tough as they have recently perked up a bit. Barnsley like you said anything can happen and generally does. Leeds I think will win at St. Andrews, i know they had a good win at Wolves but they are sh1te at the moment.

Leeds played an interesting game last night, very laid back and clearly not as desperate as Bha to win but were able to switch on some great play - particularly Wood is goals showed great composure and I wonder how we will keep hold of him, someone must have been watching - his first goal was class. I still think we are play off material though and I don't think the top six will change Fulham may have a shout particularly if they win to day we will have a job on come Wednesday. Squad strength is an issue for all come April it is a busy month.

Well Gards do you accept it is all over now for PNE, six points adrift of sixth place with Fulham threatening to take it if anyone slips up

Can you believe those stats, they didnt suggest that Sheff Wensday deserved to even win, let alone by 5 goals to 1.
    These teams at that end of the table seem to have so much luck it really bugs me, but then again I also dont give a two hahh about Naarich and their deluded arrogant fans. (I dont know what two hahh means, I just made it up lol).

Ive known all along this season that we wont challenge for the play offs, and another dreadful January 'window' shows how poor our ambition really is. Its looking like Fulham are the only possible outside challengers to the play off-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Can you believe those stats, they didnt suggest that Sheff Wensday deserved to even win, let alone by 5 goals to 1.
    These teams at that end of the table seem to have so much luck it really bugs me, but then again I also dont give a two hahh about Naarich and their deluded arrogant fans. (I dont know what two hahh means, I just made it up lol).

Ive known all along this season that we wont challenge for the play offs, and another dreadful January 'window' shows how poor our ambition really is. Its looking like Fulham are the only possible outside challengers to the play off-4.
    Hopefully we will take care of Fulham mid week, though I think it will be a fight and suspect it will end up a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Hopefully we will take care of Fulham mid week, though I think it will be a fight and suspect it will end up a draw.
    For us Nobbers and Barnsley I am afraid I have to concede challenging for the play-offs and now its a case of not letting the season fall away like we did last season. We have 11 games left and we need to continue like we have played for the majority of the season and we will finish were I think we deserve and thats around 8th - 10th place. I feel sorry for the Barnsley fans ie Acido as i think you could have challenged for a play-off position if you hadnt have unloaded a number of players. Leeds definitely play-off bound but now its just if you can push for that 2nd spot. Brighton are class but it will be a test for them now they have lost 2 on the bounce and with Leeds on the 18th they had better not lose anymore before playing you

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    For us Nobbers and Barnsley I am afraid I have to concede challenging for the play-offs and now its a case of not letting the season fall away like we did last season. We have 11 games left and we need to continue like we have played for the majority of the season and we will finish were I think we deserve and thats around 8th - 10th place. I feel sorry for the Barnsley fans ie Acido as i think you could have challenged for a play-off position if you hadnt have unloaded a number of players. Leeds definitely play-off bound but now its just if you can push for that 2nd spot. Brighton are class but it will be a test for them now they have lost 2 on the bounce and with Leeds on the 18th they had better not lose anymore before playing you
    April is the test with so many games

Yes I have just checked April and we have a ridiculous amount of games against the best in the division particularly away from home including Newcastle, Udders, Leeds ouch not friendly at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)