+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upcoming games....

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    I feel sorry for the Barnsley fans ie Acido as i think you could have challenged for a play-off position if you hadnt have unloaded a number of players.
    We are happy to have avoided any sort of relegation scrap to begin with Gards, which the bookies had us and Burton down as favourites for. Some Derby fans were complimentary about us at the weekend but they still give us the 'punching above our weight' tag, which annoys me a bit.
    BUT despite all that, I know what you mean and the fact that we really could have done much better this season had we not offloaded our top players cheaply, and we havent really replaced them either, its frustrating.
    Some might say its sound financial common sense not to spend madly and put ourselves in trouble. But the majority of us have said its a total lack of ambition, and we might not come close to the Champship play offs again for a long time!!

agreed and I am a firm believer in taking your chance when you have it. Plus lets be honest here you didnt have to spend anything in the Jan window it was more of just holding on to what you have got and I think you would have had half a chance. I dont think North End are a million miles away and Grayson had a 4-5 season plan in the Championship. We are now starting to take shape and I think next season if we start as we mean to go on I think we have half a chance. In the past two seasons after 10 games we have been in the bottom 3 and then our season starts so hopefully with the majority of squad now in place and only minor tweaks in the summer why shouldnt look to be challenging top 10

agreed and I am a firm believer in taking your chance when you have it. Plus lets be honest here you didnt have to spend anything in the Jan window it was more of just holding on to what you have got and I think you would have had half a chance. I dont think North End are a million miles away and Grayson had a 4-5 season plan in the Championship. We are now starting to take shape and I think next season if we start as we mean to go on I think we have half a chance. In the past two seasons after 10 games we have been in the bottom 3 and then our season starts so hopefully with the majority of squad now in place and only minor tweaks in the summer why shouldnt look to be challenging top 10

Gards are you Thor in disguise? You are starting to sound like him :-)

In the past two seasons after 10 games we have been in the bottom 3 and then our season starts so hopefully with the majority of squad now in place and only minor tweaks in the summer why shouldnt look to be challenging top 10
    When we won at your place this season Gards there were calls for Larry to be sacked then, and that seemed very harsh at the time.
    And after that awful 0-0 at our place recently, Ive noticed the Nobbers have improved in each game.
    So what about it eh, with the Fowls losing today it looks like yourselves and Fulham especially, are still within a shot of the top six

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    When we won at your place this season Gards there were calls for Larry to be sacked then, and that seemed very harsh at the time.
    And after that awful 0-0 at our place recently, Ive noticed the Nobbers have improved in each game.
    So what about it eh, with the Fowls losing today it looks like yourselves and Fulham especially, are still within a shot of the top six
    You never know Acido you never know. Reading and Wendies are certainly trying to lose their top 6 slot so let's have a pop and they play each other on Friday so a draw with a truck load of injuries, bookings and sending offs please

Your crew had another draw at home today against the ever improving Tractor boys but you just need a couple of home wins to keep it a mid table first solid season

They (Ipswich) are hardly an ever improving side mate, and to be honest I think Mick Mac might be under pressure for their disappointing season, and they arent safe yet. We totally outplayed them and you know how it feels when youve done that to a team but they scrape a draw in stoppage time... thats how I feel tonight

They (Ipswich) are hardly an ever improving side mate, and to be honest I think Mick Mac might be under pressure for their disappointing season, and they arent safe yet. We totally outplayed them and you know how it feels when youve done that to a team but they scrape a draw in stoppage time... thats how I feel tonight
    I know exactly what you mean we did this against the Wendies on New Years Eve and we totally played them off the park for 92 rotten feckin minutes and they equlaised in the 93rd minute. It should have been a landslide and I feel your grief Acido.

Its a frustrating time for us now as we reached 50 points with 12 games left, and most of these games have an end of season feel about them. Finishing mid table is annoying isnt it, even though its better than having a relegation scrap!!
    And thats what I keep telling myself lol.

Its a frustrating time for us now as we reached 50 points with 12 games left, and most of these games have an end of season feel about them. Finishing mid table is annoying isnt it, even though its better than having a relegation scrap!!
    And thats what I keep telling myself lol.
    We did what you are doing now and that's job done and safe in the Championship which is no mean feat after coming up from Div 1 but our crackin season last season did the same thing and we fizzled out towards the end. This season we appear to be just about keeping our play-off chasing dreams alive but only just.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)