+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queens v Raith

Should have put this game to bed in the first half when we were well on top however the second period was poor fare and we could not add to our tally despite the Raith goalie being injured and they did not seem to have a substitute keeper but 3 points is most welcome.

Yogi going on about Lyle elbowing Jason Thomson in the first minute. I never even noticed that!

I thought that the team had a good shape today and when playing the ball mostly on the ground showed that we are a decent side who will give most clubs problems. Yes we should have won by more than the single goal but there was an energy and cohesion about our play which was pleasing to see. Naysmith is building a very promising squad under his direction with fitness and drive at the heart of the team. Things are looking promising and I for one cannot wait for the Falkirk game next Saturday. Mon the South

Albertz, apart from Yogi moaning about Lyle's alleged elbow, - he, like Naysmith showed his managerial credentials with that very telling double substitution which could have pulled Raith back into the game.

That apart, Queens were streets ahead of the opposition and should have comfortably had the game out of sight.

There were a number of situations that changed the game however, - Kyle Jacob's soft booking eliminated his enthusiasm for the rest of the match, - and the follow-through by Bobby Barr (or whoever it was) on Dowie was appalling. If he'd done that in the street, he'd have been arrested for assault. Dowser was never quite right after that.

In the 2nd half, Dobbie's offside goal would have put us on easy street, - but almost immediately we switched off and they hit the post, - followed by their goal from the corner. As mentioned, the double substitution was brilliant and Queens struggled thereafter to cope with a rejuvenated Raith squad.

Perhaps Naysmith should have countered more quickly with Dykes and Danny coming on earlier, - and he still had the option of the young striker who's pace would have pegged Raith back.

All in all, though, an excellent performance and I look forward to the battle with Falkirk. A win against them would reduce the difference to just 5 points.

We have a very good team now with everyone available. Let's make the most of Thomas and Thomson while they are with us . Like Spike , I am eagerly looking forward to seeing if we can put a bit of pressure on Falkirk in the run in. Even if we can't make the top four , important players are getting signed up for next season and Naysmith will get a clean slate to crack on with our league campaign. Make no mistake about it , the boss has turned our season around in very difficult circumstances. Let's get right behind the lads on Saturday and see what happens .

http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv?vid=658

Match highlights and the elbow incident

I was amazed that Raith got the free kick awarded when Dowie was clattered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)