+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fester sack Ranieri - Loyalty WTF?

Fester sack Ranieri - Loyalty WTF?

For all those banging on about loyalty in football, on 7th feb fester Board give unwavering support for Ranieri

On 23 Feb after a creditable 2-1 loss away to Seville they sack him!

Anyone who takes with more than a lorry load of salt most of the utterings of Chairmen, managers or players in professional football is either deluded or wearing spec with a very deep pink tinge!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    For all those banging on about loyalty in football, on 7th feb fester Board give unwavering support for Ranieri

On 23 Feb after a creditable 2-1 loss away to Seville they sack him!

Anyone who takes with more than a lorry load of salt most of the utterings of Chairmen, managers or players in professional football is either deluded or wearing spec with a very deep pink tinge!
    You're right Swale, but that still doesn't justify the actions of certain individuals where loyalty is concerned.

As for Leicester and Ranieri...embarrassingly stupid and a total betrayal. Hope they go down and sink without trace.

He's bought poorly though, Kante wasn't replaced and he's stuck with the same team that won the title for far too long, most of them don't have motivation now it was clear to see.

I don't rate Ranieri anyway, it was mainly Pearson's team that won the league, and they were still on a high from that survival from 2014/15.

They would be silly not to get pearson back, he knows the club etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    He's bought poorly though, Kante wasn't replaced and he's stuck with the same team that won the title for far too long, most of them don't have motivation now it was clear to see.

I don't rate Ranieri anyway, it was mainly Pearson's team that won the league, and they were still on a high from that survival from 2014/15.

They would be silly not to get pearson back, he knows the club etc.
    How can you not 'rate' a manager who took an unfashionable Midlands club and made them Champions of England? He did for Leicester what Brian Clough did for Derby and Forest only in an era when such an achievement has become infinitely harder. He also seemed to remain a decent human being throughout it all. Shame on Leicester.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    He also seemed to remain a decent human being throughout it all. Shame on Leicester.
    100% agree with both statements. I REALLY hope they get relegated.

PS my next prediction is that sometime next week DCFCA will be outed as Nigel Pearson's agent

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    100% agree with both statements. I REALLY hope they get relegated.

PS my next prediction is that sometime next week DCFCA will be outed as Nigel Pearson's agent
    Or love interest!

So - lets sack Mac and hire Ranieri before anyone else does 😁

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    So - lets sack Mac and hire Ranieri before anyone else does 😁
    .....as a holding midfielder.....

I think fester have now gone from the people's favourite for last year's premiership, to the people's favourite for this year's relegation. They will have no friends now.

Player power...

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ri-sky-sources

Agree with Swale on the loyalty thing. Why should a manager be loyal to a club when things like this happen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)