+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fester sack Ranieri - Loyalty WTF?

I agree with dcfca opinion that Pearson is a good manager.But cannot condone player power.Many thought it strange that Pearson was sacked,but we know he clashed with the owners .Ranieri was not everybody's choice.But took Leicester to levels
    that nobody dreamed off .He deserved time to consolidate the club,amid expectations and the pressure of being in the champions league for a small club at this level,A good result against top opposition away from home in the knockout stages.
    Leicester deserve,the fate that Leeds have had to endure ,Players do not run a club,they have not got the experience.
    This is a sad day for football. Living the dream can become a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1946 View Post
    I agree with dcfca opinion that Pearson is a good manager.But cannot condone player power.Many thought it strange that Pearson was sacked,but we know he clashed with the owners .Ranieri was not everybody's choice.But took Leicester to levels
    that nobody dreamed off .He deserved time to consolidate the club,amid expectations and the pressure of being in the champions league for a small club at this level,A good result against top opposition away from home in the knockout stages.
    Leicester deserve,the fate that Leeds have had to endure ,Players do not run a club,they have not got the experience.
    This is a sad day for football. Living the dream can become a nightmare
    Does one player make you or break you , on the face of it looks like kante has killed them in the fact they never replaced him.
    Just like us Thorne has killed us we have never replaced him with the same quality .
    De Sart Mascarrell Johnson Hughes Hansen many more who i can't remember ,not even 50% of the ability of Thorne in the holding position

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You're right Swale, but that still doesn't justify the actions of certain individuals where loyalty is concerned.

As for Leicester and Ranieri...embarrassingly stupid and a total betrayal. Hope they go down and sink without trace.
    Anag, there is no loyalty! One can't have it both ways, the reality is we live in an era where its money and no regard to what an individual has done, same with players, they kiss the badge until a better offer comes along and then they are offski, so to expect individuals in football to act any differently or to expect standards of behaviour other than looking after oneself is completely deluded.

I for one don't necessarily have a problem with that, its a ruthless world out there, but why make statements like "we back the manager 100% and then sack him a fortnight later? Why not just be honest and keep quiet and do what you think necesssary?

Derby have been as guilty - sacking Clement when we were 5th must rank as a crass decision, no ****ing loyalty there and lets not go down the Derby gave McClaren a chance road, they only gave him a job because it was judged he was the best available at a price they could afford, not because they felt sorry for hi and wanted to resurrect his career or help him!!

That's why we need to do away with the 433

Its relied too much on a player that's only played about 50 matches at the age of 24.

If your whole system is reliant on a holding midfielder that's made of glass then your walking a tightrope with no safety net simple as that.

Pearson tried 4-4-2, didn't work.

As a neutral here (and none of us really like Leicester on here do we), I think this is an appalling decision to sack the man who gave them the best thing they could ever wish to achieve.
    Have things really become that bad this season, I think they have over reacted here and they deserve relegation!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Anag, there is no loyalty! One can't have it both ways, the reality is we live in an era where its money and no regard to what an individual has done, same with players, they kiss the badge until a better offer comes along and then they are offski, so to expect individuals in football to act any differently or to expect standards of behaviour other than looking after oneself is completely deluded.

I for one don't necessarily have a problem with that, its a ruthless world out there, but why make statements like "we back the manager 100% and then sack him a fortnight later? Why not just be honest and keep quiet and do what you think necesssary?

Derby have been as guilty - sacking Clement when we were 5th must rank as a crass decision, no ****ing loyalty there and lets not go down the Derby gave McClaren a chance road, they only gave him a job because it was judged he was the best available at a price they could afford, not because they felt sorry for hi and wanted to resurrect his career or help him!!
    I'm not really arguing with you Swale, it would be naive to believe that there is much loyalty left. I've cited examples like Gordon Guthrie and I suppose there are others outside the lower leagues such as Giggs and Gerrard but they are so well rewarded that they barely count. As regards Clement, I have no idea what went on and I suspect his sacking may have been related to non footballing matters and we've done the McClaren thing to death and have already agreed to differ. Maybe the only loyalty left comes from the genuine fans...the non glory hunting ones who live in places like Derby, Burton and Sheffield and still don't feel the need to adopt the colours of Barcelona, Chelsea or, for one season only, Leicester City. Any non season ticket holders going to the next Derby home match after the last three abject performances can certainly claim to be loyal.

places like Derby, Burton and Sheffield and still don't feel the need to adopt the colours of Barcelona, Chelsea or, for one season only, Leicester City

There was a fan on one of their forums (leicester) that signed up this time last year, bragged about how he was a life long long fan of the club, season ticket holder since the drab days of the 2000s etc, couldn't stop him posting during that 4 month period..... hasn't posted a thing since October lol

Probably signed up to Chelsea's forum now bragging about being a season ticket holder etc.. there's actually people out there that do this face to face as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)