+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burton match thread

Burton match thread

First of all
    fantastic support tonight supported throughout for the player's and Mowbray
    right first half:unbelievable we were like a team challenging promotion not one off the bottom
    completely dominated Burton and the final ball very often let us down
    when we lost the ball we hunted in packs and worked so hard
    second half:Burton altered things and it took us 15-20 mins to get a foothold then we looked a threat again
    how on earth they didn't steel it at the end God knows
    it hit both posts and rolled to Steele very fortunate
    on the whole quite disappointed with a draw as on the whole we were the better side let down by the final ball.

Two points dropped for Rovers.. Nothing to worry about though,you will finish well clear of the relegation pack.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Two points dropped for Rovers.. Nothing to worry about though,you will finish well clear of the relegation pack.
    I wouldn't say well clear Alf, but I do also think Blackburn will stay up.
    That might have looked like 2 points dropped but Burton are also scraping for every point at the moment.

I thought I'd comment here, rather than start a new thread.
    Good to see Ward and Hoban playing a full 90 for the Development Team.
    Thinking back over the last five or six years, it does seem to have been in central defence that we've had the most injury problems. I can remember various mangers having to put out some weird and wonderful pairings!
    As Mowbray says, he's soon going to have a lot of options across the park. I imagine Bowyer and Coyle will have a rueful smile when they see that!
    Reading the match-reports for the Under-23 game, it seems this lad Butterworth impressed again. As I said before, he definitely is another one we need to get signed up on professional terms as soon as possible.
    I'm coming round to thinking we are really only short of a creative central midfielder (in the short term), and - even there - it's beginning to sound as if Guthrie is starting to regain the form that made him so good in his early career.
    Obviously, we're not world-beaters, but if TM can instil a bit of confidence, and we can get a modicum of luck from decisions, we are definitely good enough for mid-table.

It is great news aucks as we have had a patchwork defence for most of the season
    this will provide a pleasant selection headache for Tony going into the Wigan game
    tonight's game though I can see no changes to the first team maybe a few tweeks to the subs as Bennett returns.

I'm happy to say my initial thoughts on TM was very negative, and I did overreact. I'm happy to say I was wrong. Time will tell but I do feel, with who was out there, we actually got in a decent guy, and a decent coach. Having looked a lot closer at the Cov job he did, the reason he left etc, I'm more than happy for him to be here. A good start, 3 points would've been bette. But with 3 home games now, we need to get some points, and some positivity. I do hope he makes the decision to actually play our best player in Mahoney, and we tighten up a bit. I'm starting to think he may get us enough points to stay up. Hopefully in place of Wolves, Marshall, and that god awful manger of theirs.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)