+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: player rating for Burton game

player rating for Burton game

Steele:had little to do all game 6
    nyambe:fantastic in defence woeful going forward seemed afraid to have the ball past the halfway line 6
    Lenihan:no nonsense 6
    Mulgrew:good defensively and in forward play let down by average set pieces 7
    Williams:not great given a rough time second half 5
    Feeney:worked hard average final ball 6
    Conway:as above 6
    Guthrie:battled brilliantly looked class in spells 8
    Lowe:did well in the centre and even passed forward well 7
    Emnes:worried the life out of Burton strange decision to take off 8
    Graham:looked uninterested 5

Subs: Mahoney:looked good and perhaps didn't get the support he craved 7
    Joao: pretty poor looked like a player with little confidence 5
    Gallagher :looked tentative following return from injury 6

Mom:emnes just could of easily gone to Guthrie.
    Last edited by robinrover; 25-02-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Thanks for that Robin, your assess seems pretty much what I considered from match commentary.
    Although all said it was a must win game and even though they are down at our level, just recently they've found form and they're at home. Our new man has been with us just 48 hrs, so all in all maybe a draw is not a disaster (as a loss certainly would have been).
    I put the first half down to maybe them not knowing what sort of Blackburn would start. The reshuffle in the second I am putting down to him (TM) getting a look at as many players as poss because time is short. In addition you say DG came across as uninterested.
    Gally said many energy levels dropped in second half, now that may be a illustration of the rumoured easy touch training coaching regime of OC's. And with that maybe some escalated ones under TM.
    Don't think we'll get a clearer picture until after 3 or 4 games.

I think the changes that Nigel clough made tactically along with us taking our foot off the gas gave them a way back into the game however their goal gave us a much needed boot up the backside and with the exception of the shot that should of but didn't go in we were rarely troubled
    that first half though wow just wow
    the effort was too drawer if it was a boxing match the towel would of been thrown in.

Forgot to rate the manager
    Tony Mowbray:very animated and involved
    good tactics and players seemed well motivated
    Good subs at the right time very strange decision to take off emnes but apart from that very well done 7

Robin - what pleases me most from your report is the praise for Guthrie. If he can stay fit, he does offer something a little bit different. When our centre-backs are fully fit, it would be interesting to see Guthrie and Mulgrew together in central midfield.
    I see from the official site that most of the injured are back in training, so we will be getting more options soon.
    Very disappointed with the result, but not a fatal blow, I suppose.
    We MUST beat Derby, though.

He was fantastic passed well short and long
    controlled the tempo along with Lowe brilliantly
    so many positives little negatives
    the result was so disappointing in terms of our almost complete domination rather than our need for the points if that makes sense
    our final ball was poor not centrally but from the flanks which was a shame as Conway and feeney worked hard
    on another note Mahoney looked a major threat when he came on
    a real touch of class constantly wanted the ball and very rarely disappointed when he had it bar one totally awful corner
    I will let him off that.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)