+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Billy McNeill

Billy McNeill

Sad to read about Billy's dementia. Too many people suffering from this and especially too many old football players. Really makes you wonder.

I'd heard rumours about him suffering this before the confirmation I saw today.

Best wishes to him & all who suffer from this awful condition.

Lot of stuff going about now about the effects of heading the ball... wonder if condition is more prevalent in defenders who you would think head the ball more, or taller players

Heartbreaking to see family, friends and heroes fighting illness, we always think they are invincible.

Check out Will Smith film Concusion about fight with NFL to recognise effects of American football in later life. Heroes cut down is something we have difficulty coping with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concussion_(2015_film)

Just read that about Billy, a horrible illness, wish him all the best.

Good to see this highlighted and good on Billy's wife Liz to give this the well deserved press it needs.
    Last edited by Rab_The_Ger; 26-02-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Yup, watched that recently, brilliant film.

Last game he played was against Airdrie I believe, lucky win in the cup final.

Terrible illness. I've close relatives that suffered from Dementia and others that died of Cancer and I found the Dementia the harder one to deal with tbh. They're there, but they're not there

Best wishes to McNeill and his family during these troubled times

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)