+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: o/t Lent

o/t Lent

I am sure none of you need reminding that Lent starts on Wednesday.

I expect many of you will be eagerly awaiting the solemn beauty of the dispensation of the ashes.

As usual I won't be posting or reading the site through Lent and I expect the message board will come to a standstill as many of you give up the comforts of social media to spend more time in prayer and meditation.

See you all again after Easter.

And remember the words of Henri J. M Nouwen said:

"Man must step back and make space for God"

IBS.
    Last edited by the_idiotb_stardson; 27-02-2017 at 06:53 AM.

I wont be participating but for those who do please enjoy yourselves mentally and spiritually.

I don't really understand the need for people to prove their loyalty to which ever god they believe in. I was told gods were all seeing so far me if there is a god it'll know what type of person I am.

Is Lent the Ramadam of Christianity?

"I don't really understand the need for people to prove their loyalty to which ever god they believe in"

Like religiously going to watch RUFC every other week at the New York Temple of Worship ????

Lent stuff to loads o mates ant seen em since lent nooooo.

That means pancakes tomorrow.... ? bring em on ....wi gravy

Agree with the gravy. However following a trip to the USA many years ago I took a liking to maple syrup on pancakes.

Might do both

People here where I live now think I'm trying to wind them up , pancakes and gravy, but like yourself Jolly, I too have developed a taste for the syrup and squeezed orange. What my old Canklow mates would think of me I don't know ? They called me a Yuppie when I smoked a cig. with a filter on it ! The gravy thing does seem to be peculiar to S. Yorks.