+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Batth, Price and Edwards!

Batth, Price and Edwards!

I would remove 3 players from starting again this season, short of injuries of course. Danny Batth, just when are the management going to realise he isn't captain material and is limited in ability. He ball watches far too often and turns slower than the Titanic, and that's the wreck of the Titanic resting on the Atlantic floor right now come to that. Jack Price. Yes he gives his all but he really isn't good enough to be a defensive midfielder and his distribution amounts to short, sideways passes. I've seen too many players of this ilk playing this position over the years and it's time Seiss was back in that role. Dave Edwards. Edwards runs all day but apart from a few important goals he does bugger all else except limit us to alter formations. We are missing the vision and passing ability of McDonald and I'd rather see a player like him instead of Edwards. Now I know this is a bit controversial but it is only an opinion and open for debate.
    Last edited by theplater; 27-02-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Plates', to some, your description of Danny B. might seem bitingly cruel but as far as I'm concerned you were stating the simple truth.
    For several years now (it seems that long) I've been amazed by the lack of judgement shown by a string of Wolves managers (including P.L.) who have allowed Danny boy to remain in the position of team captain. Perhaps, it was their belief he possessed hidden talents in which case he's managed to keep them well hidden. He reminds me of a 'B' grade actor who by a stroke of good fortune finds himself in the starring role of a blockbuster movie, doesn't really have a clue what to say or do, but is desperately trying to look the part. How anyone in the current squad can regard him as a leader escapes me. Maybe one day someone will bite the bullet and say enough is enough. Plain and simple, the man is an imposter. Great exponent of 'hoof' that he is, I still shudder every time he attempts to tackle someone in the 'penalty' area, almost like an accident looking for somewhere to happen. He may well be a nice guy but team captain material he ain't. I think Pricey is a gutsy little bloke who tries to make up for a lack of stature by showing a preparedness to tackle with great zeal. Unfortunately his lack of finesse often draws the attention of the 'ref' resulting in a caution and the unwelcome prospect of a red card should he remain on the park. Limited passing ability or not, I think his inclusion in the team carries with it a risk we can ill afford. I'll reserve judgement on Dave Edwards for the time being, but I can appreciate the point you make about current team selections being made to accommodate him rather than the other way round. He's not a spring chicken anymore is he ? Perhaps, Dave might better suit Wolves needs by his inclusion on the bench at the start of each game. I will be interested to hear what others have to say.
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 27-02-2017 at 03:27 PM.

To me, the problem resides in the midfield. A center midfield trio of Saville-Price-Edwards is not going to succeed. None of them are suited to the roles given to them by Lambert. Edwards cannot be a player to help build any attack. Once he gets the ball, he just looks to get rid of it immediately. Which is fine, but it's not something you want in a No 10 that we need to be more creative and help create chances for others. Price has nobody to pass to in order to move the ball forward except Costa. And he can only do so much on his own. Saville, I don't even know what his role is.

Danny- stood by him for a long time hoping he'd learn from Stears and he'd mature with the captaincy but no- no coincidence he didn't play the Liverpool game and he looks increasingly limited

Price- always thought he was ideal foil for KMac but since his departure has looked lost

Saville- what is he actually supposed to be good at- defending, passing, attacking .... don't particularly see any of them

I think Kevin Thelwell has a lot to answer for regarding some of the contracts we hand out. Batth's just had a 3 year extension.....which clown do you think sanctioned that?

I don't think Thelwell could spot a decent player in a million years

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)