+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Aberdeen fans have until midnight tonight to support

We Aberdeen fans have until midnight tonight to support

the planning application lodged with Aberdeen City Council and McInnes is demanding their backing. Planning application will be refused or granted by Aberdeen City Council but the supporters have an opportunity until midnight this evening to register backing officially within the corridors of power.

“For our club to have a modern facility to maximise what we can be as a club, it’s important we have a stadium which gives us the chance to do that.

“I think it is important everyone gets behind it, not just for the football side, but also for the community and whole area.

“Having that stadium we can all be proud of and that modern facility for everybody in the community.”

Let's get voting Dons fans and get the stadium we have wanted for years and years and years....

This is from the daily rectum so I will not c and p the linky.

Pittodrie

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    the planning application lodged with Aberdeen City Council and McInnes is demanding their backing. Planning application will be refused or granted by Aberdeen City Council but the supporters have an opportunity until midnight this evening to register backing officially within the corridors of power.

“For our club to have a modern facility to maximise what we can be as a club, it’s important we have a stadium which gives us the chance to do that.

“I think it is important everyone gets behind it, not just for the football side, but also for the community and whole area.

“Having that stadium we can all be proud of and that modern facility for everybody in the community.”

Let's get voting Dons fans and get the stadium we have wanted for years and years and years....

This is from the daily rectum so I will not c and p the linky.
    Personally - I am happy at pittodrie. And, when Derek moves on to better things (which he will someday) - I still will be. So thanks for the offer mate - but I believe the dons belong in the city ( I think the planning department do to.....).

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    Personally - I am happy at pittodrie. And, when Derek moves on to better things (which he will someday) - I still will be. So thanks for the offer mate - but I believe the dons belong in the city ( I think the planning department do to.....).
    You obviously haven't read or understand what future Pittodrie has. We all have great memories there, but this move is essential, whether DM is there or not.
    Our previous so called councilors are so far behind the times, that it's mind boggling how the city has just stagnated over the years.
    We need this stadium as well as the training facilities so much for us to progress.
    Do you really want the team to be training at Seaton Park, Balgownie or even the beach. Even Charlie Nicolas moaned about the training facilities when he was with us nearly 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    I'm with you on that aswell....still can't see why we can't do what Hibs did and rebuild the stadium on the same footprint !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by GlezgaRed View Post
    I'm with you on that aswell....still can't see why we can't do what Hibs did and rebuild the stadium on the same footprint !?!?
    If only GlesgaRed, the city council fkd off that idea many years ago not allowing the modernisation of the main stand so this is a no go and if we don't get approval that's the case where would we be playing Euro football?? Who knows? Nobody wants to move from Pittodrie but there's not much options.

I think the whole things a badly handled vanity project. The ground looks shyte & these state of the art training facilities will end up being financial concrete wellies on the club

Can i just say Easter Road is sh@te and very squeezed in

Edit- im also getting a personal tour of Ashton Gate complete with food and a box for the last game of the season v Birmingham on May 7th(Gratis). Ill report back my findings
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 28-02-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Are the architects local?

Training facilities

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    You obviously haven't read or understand what future Pittodrie has. We all have great memories there, but this move is essential, whether DM is there or not.
    Our previous so called councilors are so far behind the times, that it's mind boggling how the city has just stagnated over the years.
    We need this stadium as well as the training facilities so much for us to progress.
    Do you really want the team to be training at Seaton Park, Balgownie or even the beach. Even Charlie Nicolas moaned about the training facilities when he was with us nearly 30 years ago.
    I have no issue with the training facilities being in westhill.

Have you ever asked yourself why there are no training facilities? Who might be responsible in a football club for making that happen ? Why hasn't it happened over the last 20 years? If you really love your club, and your city, mull that one over for a nano - second, then consider the irony of the suggestion that a soulless identikit ""arena", stuck out in the country, will stop Aberdeen from becoming a backwater.

Tarves?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Are the architects local?
    They are and for that reason were handed the job, because they have zero experience in this type and scale or bulldog and sadly it shows.

That aside I sincerely hope it sails through planning as it is great for the club and region.
    Last edited by Gallus79; 03-03-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast