shopify analytics
+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Next SLO meeting ?

Losing Christine is a massive loss for Queens and is quite concerning . The club heavily relies on volunteers and to lose her so soon before the season starts is a blow they could do without .
    I'm hoping all these "rumours" doing the rounds are false

Is that the return of VT?

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Is that the return of VT?

We can only hope not . It certainly won't go down well with a lot of fans

Big JT is currently working his notice I'm hearing

It was nice while it lasted, but alas, part-time fitba is jist aroon the corner again unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    It was nice while it lasted, but alas, part-time fitba is jist aroon the corner again unfortunately.
    I'm not going to lie to you but that thought crosssed my mind earlier today . Crowds are slipping despite having players like Dobbie on our books , they've banned smoking completely , the young team were scared off a couple of seasons ago & we're still waiting on an announcement from the club on how to encourage them back .
    It's maybe an idea to try and entice people back instead of the complete opposite . It's going to take more than just keeping prices low I'm afraid
    This is a vital year for Queens IMO

[QUOTE=basher60;38584522]I'm not going to lie to you but that thought crosssed my mind earlier today . Crowds are slipping despite having players like Dobbie on our books , they've banned smoking completely , the young team were scared off a couple of seasons ago & we're still waiting on an announcement from the club on how to encourage them back .
    It's maybe an idea to try and entice people back instead of the complete opposite . It's going to take more than just keeping prices low I'm afraid
    This is a vital year for Queens IMO[/QUOTE

At a time when the club should be encouraging supporters through the turnstiles this is yet another poor initiative and I ask again if they were simply following a SPFL instruction for an outright ban or that Queens themselves took the decision?

[QUOTE=Spikefaethesouth;38584689]
    Quote Originally Posted by basher60 View Post
    I'm not going to lie to you but that thought crosssed my mind earlier today . Crowds are slipping despite having players like Dobbie on our books , they've banned smoking completely , the young team were scared off a couple of seasons ago & we're still waiting on an announcement from the club on how to encourage them back .
    This is a vital year for Queens IMO[/QUOTE

At a time when the club should be encouraging supporters through the turnstiles this is yet another poor initiative and I ask again if they were simply following a SPFL instruction for an outright ban or that Queens themselves took the decision?
    Our Board of Directors have decided in the interests of safety and comfort for all fans attending events at Palmerston that blah blah blah

Looks like it's the BOD who has made the final decision, oh dear
    Last edited by arrol1919; 12-07-2017 at 06:01 PM.

It's on the ground regulations from the spfl the club has no option

Quote Originally Posted by AJM2503 View Post
    It's on the ground regulations from the spfl the club has no option

Which it has been for years but it's been ignored . The Law HASN'T changed one bit

It's been made more specific now to include e cigs

Quote Originally Posted by AJM2503 View Post
    It's been made more specific now to include e cigs

It was ignored before so why not now ? The only people at harm are the smokers themselves

The SLO is still listed on the OFFICIAL SITE as Mrs Findlater ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Give us a chance, she only left yesterday!

The site has been updated this morning

Can the club confirm or deny if Victoria Thomson is employed again by Queens . She's been spotted on several occasions at Palmerston in recent weeks

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Can the club confirm or deny if Victoria Thomson is employed again by Queens . She's been spotted on several occasions at Palmerston in recent weeks
    It wouldnt be appropriate to comment on individual employees on here.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialQosFC View Post
    It wouldnt be appropriate to comment on individual employees on here.

So she is an employee then . God help us

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    So she is an employee then . God help us
    That isnt what we said.

Maybe it should have been phrased better - it wouldnt be appropriate to comment on speculation about individuals on here.

If there is anything to announce regarding club employees it will be on the official site at the appropriate time. But please dont read anything else into that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post

The club is committed to having a Supporters Liaison Officer to work with fans. Unfortunately, the first person to take on the role has now left the club but we are in the process of recruiting a replacement and will provide more details of that process in due course.

From the OS , wonder who this will be ?

Dear next SLO , could you please do something about the state of Palmerston Park . The terrace is covered in piles of bird sh*t , weeds & rubbish everywhere plus those pesky seagulls . Have you ever thought of contacting the supporters clubs directly and asking for their help in another Palmerston clean up ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast