+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley...deja vu

Barnsley...deja vu

Remember coming away from Oakwell back in August feeling fairly demoralised after an inept performance in which we were outplayed by a Barnsley side that was basically far more 'up for it' than us.
    Saving grace then was that it was early days and a new regime etc. Seven months and one managerial change on has anything really changed? According to McClaren in his post match interview last night, 'generally we're okay'. I'd beg to differ Steve and if you really think results and, more importantly, performances have been 'generally okay' since late December you're deluded. We looked lost and clueless back in August and, that winning streak apart, we look just the same now. Thoughts and suggestions?

We look generally OK, unfortunately that isn't going to get us within spitting distance of top 6, so not good enough and given the sponduliks that Mel has shelled out flipping abysmal!

The really sad fact is though.... we would have probably been 11th/12th anyway if we hadn't of spent the money lol

30 odd million quid to sit mid table.......

I disagree Swale...I don't think we've looked 'generally okay' since before Christmas and it's decision time imo. Don't often agree with DCFCA but he's right on this occasion. Millions spent and we'd probably have been sitting in mid table anyway.
    If anything we're looking less capable now than we were this time last season under the much maligned Darren Wassall.
    I don't usually like playing the 'blame game' but it's the same old story week in week out...60-70%+ possession and we manage just one or two efforts on target.
    Earlier this week there was a suggestion that McClaren should be kept as a coach and let someone else manage. Why? He's been coaching the team since October and this is the result...loads of possession, loads of sideways passing and absolutely zilch in terms of penetration.
    So who's to blame? The players, McClaren, Kevin Philips - who appears completely unable to pass on his own undoubted talent via his coaching role?
    Frankly the only person I absolve - largely - from blame is Mel. Not because I'm particularly fond of him - he's just another business man - but at least he puts his money where his mouth is. Likewise the fans have continued to put their money in but something is seriously wrong. The owner and the fans deserve better and sadly blame does have to be apportioned, changes do have to be made and sooner rather than later imo.

The sooner Phillips is shown the door the better. Since he came on board we've been scoring less and less by the month.

The bloke must be teaching them to not shoot as well, Vydra in particular never shoots, and if he does its straight at the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I disagree Swale...I don't think we've looked 'generally okay' since before Christmas and it's decision time imo. Don't often agree with DCFCA but he's right on this occasion. Millions spent and we'd probably have been sitting in mid table anyway.
    If anything we're looking less capable now than we were this time last season under the much maligned Darren Wassall.
    I don't usually like playing the 'blame game' but it's the same old story week in week out...60-70%+ possession and we manage just one or two efforts on target.
    Earlier this week there was a suggestion that McClaren should be kept as a coach and let someone else manage. Why? He's been coaching the team since October and this is the result...loads of possession, loads of sideways passing and absolutely zilch in terms of penetration.
    So who's to blame? The players, McClaren, Kevin Philips - who appears completely unable to pass on his own undoubted talent via his coaching role?
    Frankly the only person I absolve - largely - from blame is Mel. Not because I'm particularly fond of him - he's just another business man - but at least he puts his money where his mouth is. Likewise the fans have continued to put their money in but something is seriously wrong. The owner and the fans deserve better and sadly blame does have to be apportioned, changes do have to be made and sooner rather than later imo.
    I was being kinda ironic, but hey ho FFS!

FFS we've won, sack the players, sack Mel morris, rush out, close the ground FFS

Pretty much sums it up ffs!!

So come on then you miserable gits (Anag & Swale lol), whats your thoughts on todays game, the result, the opposition, the season as a whole etc.. ?

ffs lets not get too cocky. We beat a club 2-1 at home where our subs bench cost twice as much as their whole squad, not to mention Vydra costing more than their starting 11.

and we are 1 point above them with 11 games to go.

ffs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)