+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Queen of the South versus Falkirk

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Only bright spot for me was Hilson's return and he put in a typical shift. The boy is a real grafter and it's such a shame how his career is panning out. Needs a long run free of injury but that's easier said than done with his record.
    I thought Dale was out for the season, just like Rigg and Tapping but I was incorrect. Hilson was in the running to getting back fit well before the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Albertz I fail to see any logic in replacing players to somehow save them for a midweek match which is rendered much less important by our result today.
    I was thinking this myself too, however, why else would a captain be replaced other than for injury or tactics, both of which I couldn't see myself tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Doonhammer_NI View Post
    A couple of things stand out for me from today...first off Falkirk completely deserved the three points dominated from start to finish. Didn't see the incident that led to the free kick but from where I was it looked like a stonewaller once Dowie went to ground.

Secondly this is the second big game in a row that the team haven't showed up for, for all the talk of a great second half against Dundee the first half was abysmal. Today there was nothing other than long balls up to Lyle who for the first time in a while lost more than he won. The midfield didn't have much of a chance to be in the game today the ball spent far too long in the air.

Thirdly I get the sense of a missed opportunity with nearly 500 extra fans there who maybe if they saw a half decent game could have been tempted back in a fortnight but instead saw a punt fest and I would be surprised if any of them come back. Thats not to take away from the clubs initiative in offering free tickets just a shame the boys couldnt back it up.

Anyway onwards and upwards for Tuesday
    I possibly had my rose-tinted spectacles on for the penalty incident to be fair. I do know that Brownlie and Dowie had a misunderstanding of sorts just before the run thru on goal by Austin (ex-East Fife player)....Mr Naysmith?

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    A poor performance from too many Queens players . Falkirk were the deserved winners . Naysmith will have seen enough now to realise certain players are either finished at this level or just not good enough . Still think there's a player there in Dykes . He showed lots of promise early on in the season but needed to work on his finishing

Our chances of a play off place are slim but I'll not be turning my back on the club and will continue to support them until the season end
    I'm the same as you. Still enough games yet for the season hopefully not to fizzle out, although now with Queens sitting mid-table, in a league where there is a distinct top 4, bottom 6 in this league of ten, I doubt Queens will now get into the top 4 and let's hope they don't get dragged into the play-offs at the wrong end of the table.

The penalty was either the softest or most ridiculous and the free kick, unless deflected, keeper should have been dealing with it.
    Just a flat performance from the entire team, defence punting aimless balls up field, non existent midfield and no service for the strikers.
    I think a away game back onto grass will do us the world of good.

As everybody says, Falkirk thoroughly deserved it. They dominated midfield and destroyed our game. No service to Dobbie and Lyle meant a tough afternoon for them and made them look anything but two of the best forwards in the championship. We know our guys are better than that, as we saw v Morton and Raith recently. The periods of hoofball came about because our midfield was struggling badly and Falkirk caused that.
    Baird did what Baird does and bought a very soft and, some would say, a non- existent free kick. I have to say from my viewpoint in the enclosure I was none too impressed by the positioning of the wall and Lee's failure to move for what looked like a straight shot. Did it take a deflection? If not, it wouldn't be the first time Falkirk have scored against us like that this season.
    I also saw Dowle stamp on Austin as he lay on the ground - lucky lad that the ref missed it. Can't understand why some are saying their pen was a ridiculous decision - looked a stonewaller from 100 yards away to me.

Pars on a good run at the moment and we were a tad fortunate to beat them at EEP last time. Hope we can get a bit more going in midfield on Tues. Home game for me - almost - so looking forward to securing our status and saving some dosh.

It no doubt was a penalty. I remember the penalty that Morton got in the 5-0 game and in comparision with yesterday's one, then yesterday's was a stonewaller, with the Morton one very soft. On looking at the match photos, Thomson seems to be standing off the wall and the ball in his midriff, so unsure if that is the slight deflection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)