+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crewe v's Portsmouth **** MATCH PREDICTIONS****

Crewe v's Portsmouth **** MATCH PREDICTIONS****

Going for a 2-1 Alex victory. Anyone else fancy a "shock" win?

Would love to say we will win but with our defence as it is I can only see a defeat 3-0 to the home team

9-1

Quote Originally Posted by crewebacca View Post
    Going for a 2-1 Alex victory. Anyone else fancy a "shock" win?
    Did u have any money on Crewe Win as you would have got 9-1, just goes to show FEAR sometimes is the key to Motivation no one want to become a Milkman or Postman these days,only thing is we appear to have Motivated Hartlepool also,lets make sure they dont Motivate Newport next week. Performance of the day mind.

I did!
    Performance of the day indeed. Look forward to your match report next Saturday lol.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    Did u have any money on Crewe Win as you would have got 9-1, just goes to show FEAR sometimes is the key to Motivation no one want to become a Milkman or Postman these days,only thing is we appear to have Motivated Hartlepool also,lets make sure they dont Motivate Newport next week. Performance of the day mind.
    Unfortunately not, would've if I could've. Not only H'pool but Orient and Accrington won too, without those three points we'd have been 22nd now, but we're not, so on-wards and upwards. C.O.Y.R. A fantastic win today,well done lads and the Milky Bars are on Jimmy B.

Artell’s mantra appears to be all about work rate and effort – “it’s non-negotiable” he keeps saying.

Well, whatever he said pre-match today he got it back in spades. We deserved everything we got in that game. The front two acting as the first line of defence were magnificent , harrying and chasing. I lost count of the number of times they forced Pompey to pass back to their keeper, as indeed I lost count of the number of clearing headers from Nugent and Ray. Pompey had no shots on target all day – that tells you something.

Chatting before the game, I openly said I hope we don’t get an early goal because I could see them responding to it and going on to win 5-1. So when Forde made that sprawling save to keep out Bowery’s header in the 1st minute, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. In fact, the goal aside, we had the best 2 chances. Their best was a Roberts free-kick at the far end that some thought had gone in, myself included. How we laughed at the Pompey fans to our left when realisation kicked in.

Yes, for me, everyone played their part but the 4 I mentioned above were outstanding. Nugent seemed to clutch his hamstring towards the end but managed to carry on. Hope there’s no lasting damage there. Bingham deserves a mention too because I thought he was very economical in midfield. Top display.

My old work colleague was in the Fratton End and texted me after to say we deserved it – although he did go on to say he hopes we enjoy our open-top bus tour after that win. Bloody cheek, wait till I see him again.

And to finish, what cracking support today from so few. Love him or loathe him, having that drummer makes a world of difference and we sang pretty much the whole game. Good job I only need to write this because I’m a bit too hoarse to speak!! Happy days!!

Funny team! They can compete with the best of them in this league when they put their mind to it. Anyway very well done today.For goodness sake do not disappoint and let us down next week but despatch Newport by winning big.

[QUOTE=somersetcrewe;38455503]Artell’s mantra appears to be all about work rate and effort – “it’s non-negotiable” he keeps saying.

Well, whatever he said pre-match today he got it back in spades. We deserved everything we got in that game. The front two acting as the first line of defence were magnificent.......

Thanks for the report S'setcrewe. Very much appreciated

[QUOTE=crewebacca;38455739]
    Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Artell’s mantra appears to be all about work rate and effort – “it’s non-negotiable” he keeps saying.

Well, whatever he said pre-match today he got it back in spades. We deserved everything we got in that game. The front two acting as the first line of defence were magnificent.......

Thanks for the report S'setcrewe. Very much appreciated
    A great result by a club with a rubbish academy! At least itwasin can have a week off chewing the cud with msb.

[QUOTE=CroutonRouge;38455838]
    Quote Originally Posted by crewebacca View Post

A great result by a club with a rubbish academy! At least itwasin can have a week off chewing the cud with msb.
    Ahh, iItwasin, the one who never answers questions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast