+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What will The Outcome Be?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Reading Matchday Thread

Two minutes to go

FT 2-1

Sixth loss in a row. 5th straight league defeat

Though I would say that this result was a bit unfair. Deserved at least a point IMO. But still suffering from not being ruthless with our opportunities.

Feck it, we didn't want the points anyway!

FT 2-1......I think we were very hard done by......Lady Luck can be a b-tch sometimes. At least, our lads put on a reasonably good performance it seems. Disappointed once again, I'm heading back to bed...goodnight lads !!!

I can praise the second half performance to a degree, but i'm disappointed that wolves haven't taken at least a point from the game.The first half from both sides wasn't great to say the least, but from a Wolves point of view it could have been them going in at least a goal in front. Costa with one of those mazy runs last seen at Anfield, where he keeps going and going unchallenged. He deserved a goal, even the following corner could have seen Wolves take the lead. In the premier league they have goal-line technology, hopefully we will see it soon in the lower leagues, Williamson's header adjudged to not have gone over, but on the way back on the coach, a photo looked like it could have been.

After a defeat, i often look back at the goals we conceded, the first one for me there was nothing Ikeme could do, a goal where he was wrong footed as it was diverted past him. I do question though our marking and defending for McShane's winning header.

In between Wolves got a goal back through Marshall after good work from Dicko. Bar the two goals scored by the home side, i always felt going forward Wolves looked the more likely to score. It's again, all putting your chances away, Coady, Edwards and Dicko all going close. In the dying moments of the game Marshall also could have levelled, but his effort wide.

There were questions about team selections made by Lambert before kick-off, even Saville held his own at left back, but ultimately gave away the free-kick that led to the goal. Both Hause and Williamson rarely troubled at the heart of the Wolves defence. The latter though, harshly booked in my opinion for his first yellow card, but for his second, he obstructed the Reading player, he gave the ref no choice.

Another talking point during the game was the use of the Wolves subs. I was surprised to see Dicko go off, he looked a threat, which at the time i expected him to be replaced by Bodvarsson, but he wasn't introduced until early into the last ten minutes of the 90. One thing that left a few of us puzzled was the late introduction of Doherty, two minutes of added time remaining when he replaced Coady, strange, unless Coady had picked up an injury.

I was glad to see Saiss back in the starting eleven. He at least looks a cut above any midfielder Wolves have on their books, he creates and makes things happen, always tries to play on the front foot. Hopefully he can now get a run of games between now and the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    I can praise the second half performance to a degree, but i'm disappointed that wolves haven't taken at least a point from the game.The first half from both sides wasn't great to say the least, but from a Wolves point of view it could have been them going in at least a goal in front. Costa with one of those mazy runs last seen at Anfield, where he keeps going and going unchallenged. He deserved a goal, even the following corner could have seen Wolves take the lead. In the premier league they have goal-line technology, hopefully we will see it soon in the lower leagues, Williamson's header adjudged to not have gone over, but on the way back on the coach, a photo looked like it could have been.

After a defeat, i often look back at the goals we conceded, the first one for me there was nothing Ikeme could do, a goal where he was wrong footed as it was diverted past him. I do question though our marking and defending for McShane's winning header.

In between Wolves got a goal back through Marshall after good work from Dicko. Bar the two goals scored by the home side, i always felt going forward Wolves looked the more likely to score. It's again, all putting your chances away, Coady, Edwards and Dicko all going close. In the dying moments of the game Marshall also could have levelled, but his effort wide.

There were questions about team selections made by Lambert before kick-off, even Saville held his own at left back, but ultimately gave away the free-kick that led to the goal. Both Hause and Williamson rarely troubled at the heart of the Wolves defence. The latter though, harshly booked in my opinion for his first yellow card, but for his second, he obstructed the Reading player, he gave the ref no choice.

Another talking point during the game was the use of the Wolves subs. I was surprised to see Dicko go off, he looked a threat, which at the time i expected him to be replaced by Bodvarsson, but he wasn't introduced until early into the last ten minutes of the 90. One thing that left a few of us puzzled was the late introduction of Doherty, two minutes of added time remaining when he replaced Coady, strange, unless Coady had picked up an injury.

I was glad to see Saiss back in the starting eleven. He at least looks a cut above any midfielder Wolves have on their books, he creates and makes things happen, always tries to play on the front foot. Hopefully he can now get a run of games between now and the end of the season.
    A correction on the headed goal that never was, it was up the other end from where we was, just seen a replay and it was Saiss, it makes no difference now as it was given anyway.

I thought Dicko should have been off 10/15 minutes before he eventually came off.

Stopped the ball coming forward as he casually walked himself back in to an on side position on many occasion. Not tired but a lazy centre forward and for me we've seen the best of him!

To replace him with Weiman was a joke though! Always thought he was crap but his wonder goal against Liverpool kind of conned us! Plenty said he not a winger he should be in the middle which he was yesterday and he was awful!

Saiss I feel sorry for, he quality but lacks anything near quality around him!

Williamson was good and showed what we need from our centre backs and the worst thing about yesterday was his red card which means we get a chuckle brother back in to hoof it to the midgets lol

Half time game had 0-0 all over it but they fluked one early in the second but well done boys getting back in to it quickly. From that point there only looked one winner and it weren't the home team! We knocked at the door but that final ball would just not let us in and that's it with this Wolves side it lacks quality!

As always with Wolves, cracking away day! Had a few good beers with friends on Cannock Wolves in Newbury then there's the football.

Loved it, used to it!

Quote Originally Posted by ADP22 View Post
    I thought Dicko should have been off 10/15 minutes before he eventually came off.

Stopped the ball coming forward as he casually walked himself back in to an on side position on many occasion. Not tired but a lazy centre forward and for me we've seen the best of him!

To replace him with Weiman was a joke though! Always thought he was crap but his wonder goal against Liverpool kind of conned us! Plenty said he not a winger he should be in the middle which he was yesterday and he was awful!

Saiss I feel sorry for, he quality but lacks anything near quality around him!

Williamson was good and showed what we need from our centre backs and the worst thing about yesterday was his red card which means we get a chuckle brother back in to hoof it to the midgets lol

Half time game had 0-0 all over it but they fluked one early in the second but well done boys getting back in to it quickly. From that point there only looked one winner and it weren't the home team! We knocked at the door but that final ball would just not let us in and that's it with this Wolves side it lacks quality!

As always with Wolves, cracking away day! Had a few good beers with friends on Cannock Wolves in Newbury then there's the football.

Loved it, used to it!

You got it Mate same with us great day out ruined by a game of Football!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Second yellow was an awful call. Williamson just stood there. Do they often appeal yellows? Not sure it matters as I doubt decision would come before Ipswich

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)