+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Puzzled

Puzzled

Could somebody enlighten me on what is going on over there?
    Win at Liverpool, good show against Chelsea and since then absolutely b.all!!
    Whose at fault, coach who doesn't have a clue what he's doing or maybe the players who raise their games at times in the hope of getting spotted and transfered when we get dumped down at the end of the season?
    Wages too high so it does matter whether it's a win or a lose as there's enough money coming in to manage to keep the Ferrari in petrol? I could do that job (still got by boots from many years ago so send me at air ticket and I'll turn out for the next game at 50 per cent discount).
    ABSOULTE BLOODY RUBBISH
    From supporter for over 60 years (but not much longer as I think I'd enjoy banging my head against a brick wall than waiting for results).
    Best wishes from South Africa

Nothing to get puzzled about mate.

It's just the norm

Quote Originally Posted by XDelboy12 View Post
    Could somebody enlighten me on what is going on over there?
    Win at Liverpool, good show against Chelsea and since then absolutely b.all!!
    Whose at fault, coach who doesn't have a clue what he's doing or maybe the players who raise their games at times in the hope of getting spotted and transfered when we get dumped down at the end of the season?
    Wages too high so it does matter whether it's a win or a lose as there's enough money coming in to manage to keep the Ferrari in petrol? I could do that job (still got by boots from many years ago so send me at air ticket and I'll turn out for the next game at 50 per cent discount).
    ABSOULTE BLOODY RUBBISH
    From supporter for over 60 years (but not much longer as I think I'd enjoy banging my head against a brick wall than waiting for results).
    Best wishes from South Africa
    I think under our last three head coaches there's been too much chopping and changing and we've never had a settled side in the last twelve months. Sacking Jackett and Zenga may come back to haunt the club if we slip down into league one.

Purchases in the last transfer window has been questionable in my eyes, no striker brought in, don't get me wrong, i think either Harry Kane would struggle in our side due to lack of chances created.

The three fa cup ties have proved to be a big distraction, but again, Lambert has made numerous changes. The five defeats in the league that have followed have been a disaster. I can honestly say that for the first time in a while that Wolves deserved something from the game at Reading.

A lot of our problems stem from team selection and then long ball tactics. When we hit teams on the counter-attack we look half decent, but again it's getting bodies forward to support each attack. Individual mistakes, ie Ikeme's against Blues was unacceptable in my eyes.

How Lambert lifts the players for Ipswich is anyone's guess, but it's a shame Williamson won't be playing, unless there's a chance of appealing either yellow card, i can't see it myself.

Add to the above this info in a tweet from spiers last week..

Since January 2016

- 8 forwards (Le Fondre, Sigurdarson, Mason, Bright, Dicko, Gladon, Bod and Zyro)
    - 147 combined appearances
    - 13 goals

Add Dave Edwards goals have dried up we have nothing!

Shocking!!

To my mind the problems started as soon as Fosun took over the club in the summer and seemed solely reliant on the agent Jorge Mendes to build a squad. We then went mental bringing in 13 or 14 players of which most were completely out of their depth in this Country and Division. The only one who benefited from that piece of madness was Jorge Mendes. They then bought in an erratic head coach who had absolutely no say in which players came in but was expected to organise them. To be fair to Zenga he did get a few important results. I can also tell you there was a lot of backroom trouble especially involving Andrea Butti. Despite the continued run of poor results under Paul Lambert I do not think he is solely to blame and I don't believed he should be sacked. He is still, for the very most part, still having use the squad that was assembled at the start of the season and it won't be until this summer he can build a squad of his own. I don't think for one second he'd have accepted this role under the same circumstances as Zenga, and I believe he will have the final say on which players come and leave the club. My biggest concern is the exact role of Kevin Thelwell. I want to know exactly what this bloke does and how much influence he has.

Thanks guys, all it seems to say is that just about everybody involved is mediocre.
    Down they go and off I go. There were 60 good and bad years but I don't really recall being so pissed off about the lack of direction and the total inability of the management/ coach/players to keep some consistency. This is not the team I supported a a young lad, a team I was proud of and didn't have to make excuses to anyone.
    Bye, bye

Quote Originally Posted by XDelboy12 View Post
    Thanks guys, all it seems to say is that just about everybody involved is mediocre.
    Down they go and off I go. There were 60 good and bad years but I don't really recall being so pissed off about the lack of direction and the total inability of the management/ coach/players to keep some consistency. This is not the team I supported a a young lad, a team I was proud of and didn't have to make excuses to anyone.
    Bye, bye

So you reckon this team is worse than the ones in the mid eighties?Players and Management wise? Behave yerself and man up!This is F**k all to what we've been and come through in the past!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    So you reckon this team is worse than the ones in the mid eighties?Players and Management wise? Behave yerself and man up!This is F**k all to what we've been and come through in the past!!
    Got to agree with you there Eve.

Of course, you are right, Eve', but I confess a certain empathy for the despairing attitude of Delboy. With the kind of money our Chinese benefactors have chucked at Wolves this season it's not unreasonable for fans to have hoped (or expected) a far greater return on this investment. No doubt the reasons for our current malady are manifold and ,accordingly, at seasons end there will be much 'finger pointing' and blame-laying no matter what the final outcome might be. IMO one of the underlying causes has been the
    puzzling lack of consistency each week when it comes to team selection. Jackett did it, Walter did it, and now that Rome is starting to burn, Lambert still doesn't seem to know who his best, most able, players really are. How on earth can we expect sufficient cohesion and team spirit from a side that in recent times has changed more often than the colours of a bluddy chameleon. Added to that we are incapable of scoring with any regularity the goals required to win games and accrue valuable points towards advancement. Perhaps a good start would be to get rid of the 'dross', players and coaching staff, that are a blight on this club we all love. Truth is, their is desperate need for a serious clean-out if we are to get out of this rut we find ourselves in. To Delboy, cheer up old son and don't let it get you down.....and please let's have no more talk about turning your back on the 'old gold and black'.

Well, alright - maybe I was being extremely pssd off (the hangover didn't help) so I'll retract my "bye, bye" and carry on pulling my hair out every weekend.
    Evewolf, yes it was crap in the 80's but I had already gone overseas. I was remembering from the very early 60's when I was quite young and the guys used to put me in front of a crush barrier on the terrace.
    Deep breathe and man up done.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)