+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dont think Warne can stay

I dont think Warne can stay

We need a total clear out and a change of mentality at the club.

There is such a losing ethos in the club at the moment that I can't se how he can stay.

When a new manager comes in how is Warne going to be able to fit in to that?

This is why I didn't want him to take the job because when the dust settles and the new manager comes in I can't see how Warne can just go back to doing what he did before.

Before I get loads of stick for blaming him I'm not I just think his position will become untenable.

UTM

Exactly what I think a new manager would be unsettled surely with warne in the background, only way it may work is getting hurst or robins in someone who's played with warne and pollitt who am sure probably get on with them

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    We need a total clear out and a change of mentality at the club.

There is such a losing ethos in the club at the moment that I can't se how he can stay.

When a new manager comes in how is Warne going to be able to fit in to that?

This is why I didn't want him to take the job because when the dust settles and the new manager comes in I can't see how Warne can just go back to doing what he did before.

Before I get loads of stick for blaming him I'm not I just think his position will become untenable.

UTM
    No you are calling it about right,hope for PW sake it doesn't happen,but yes i can see that as a big possibility,we definitely need a clear out that is for sure.

Yes we do need a complete clear out and a restructuring of the club at a number of levels.
    Unfortunately that will cost a fair bit of money and we have a chairman who doesn't like spending so it's unlikely to happen.
    A bit of fudging at the edges maybe but nothing significant.

Which tends to lean towards Warney being manager next season

I can understand why Warne can stay, he's the cheapest option.

Total don't agree with Yak whatsoever on this.

There's no reason why Warne can't go back to his day job even when the new manager comes.

the new manager will want his own assistant and maybe another coach but I don't think he would have any problem with Warne who knows the club very well .

What will happen to Hamshaw is more the question seeing that it looks like his old job is being advertised

I'd like to see new faces (that know about football) on the board.
    Last edited by millertop; 05-03-2017 at 08:07 PM.

The board are primarily the problem, everything goes through them. Very little of late tbf.

I fear Warne will come out bad out of this.

If he stays as Manager it won't end well and if he goes back to the fitness side don't think it will end well.

UTM

Oh come on. Warney wants this job desperately and with Tony Stewart Junior's support he's going to get it! Sod what the supporters think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast