+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red squirrel hunting in Cumbria

I saw the signs for the lake but unfortunately I had underestimated the size of Keswick and didn't leave myself enough time to visit it,I will be making a return journey now that I have some idea what to expect and stop overnight somewhere to maximise my visit,I was very Impressed with what I saw there and also in Carlisle so i will be sure to get some advice from you beforehand Griff,I didn't spot the Brunton Park though so I presume that its on the other side of town

Formby write up..

“Day out watching squirrels”
    Reviewed 2 days ago
    NEW

My wife and I spent several hours at the Trust and thoroughly enjoyed it. We arrived by train and Freshfield station is a 10 minute walk from the park. We hadn't even entered the park when we saw our first red squirrel. The day was spent mainly watching squirrels but we also went to the beach for a while, lovely.
    The last time we visited was around 8 years ago and we saw 5 red squirrels, during this visit we had at least 30 sightings in different areas of the park but mainly in the aptly named squirrel wood. There is a lot of action around the feeders particularly before lunch.
    Would advise a packed lunch and drinks as there are no eating or drinking facilities on the park.

Visited March 2017

Helpful? Thank phillip c

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs..._England.html#

I'm definitely be paying Formby a visit Alf and it will be in the very near future,how can I ignore a area called 'squirrel wood', I had made plans to go to the isle of wight again in May but this has had to be put back a few months so Formby it is,thanks for the link,its made my mind up to go sooner rather than later

Quote Originally Posted by chalkyncfc61 View Post
    I'm definitely be paying Formby a visit Alf and it will be in the very near future,how can I ignore a area called 'squirrel wood', I had made plans to go to the isle of wight again in May but this has had to be put back a few months so Formby it is,thanks for the link,its made my mind up to go sooner rather than later
    no probs Chalky,you can visit Southport and Liverpool at the same time Chalky. They are both within twenty minutes drive.

I love going to Liverpool and have been a few times visiting everywhere from the slavery museum to the Beatle attractions but I've never been to Southport so that's where I shall go Alf

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    I suspect that the fact that one off of them says "brown" and the other "white' might be an bit of a giveaway
    My eyesight must be getting worserer, I couldn't fathom that out tbf.

Apparently, that company went out off of business last year, you'd best check the sell by date Chalks.

Quote Originally Posted by kel_ View Post
    Nee pictures off of receipts.

3/10

An extra mark for offing an pic out off of focus surely?

There's shedloads off of squirrels in the park opposite here Chalks. Does it really matter what colour they are?

Quote Originally Posted by funny_flopbags View Post
    There's shedloads off of squirrels in the park opposite here Chalks. Does it really matter what colour they are?
    Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge View Post
    My eyesight must be getting worserer, I couldn't fathom that out tbf.

Apparently, that company went out off of business last year, you'd best check the sell by date Chalks.
    It says best before Jan 18 on the reverse, im presuming that's the year and not the date

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)