+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red squirrel hunting in Cumbria

Quote Originally Posted by funny_flopbags View Post
    There's shedloads off of squirrels in the park opposite here Chalks. Does it really matter what colour they are?
    Yes floppy,very much so,why would I travel to the Isle Of Wight and then Cumbria to see grey squirrels when they have loads of them in the hospital grounds where I work
    This all started when I was having a drink with a friend in the pub when she said that she had never seen a red squirrel and it occurred to me that neither had I,so we made arrangements to visit the IOW with the purpose of seeking them out and having a bit of a holiday down there but its a !ot harder than i originally thought but its Formby next and then the IOW again Septemberish

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge View Post
    My eyesight must be getting worserer, I couldn't fathom that out tbf.

Apparently, that company went out off of business last year, you'd best check the sell by date Chalks.
    Well, I of a cataract and I can see it.

I of never seen an platypus Chalks, but I can't be mithered gan to Australia to do so.

Wow can you imagine seeing a platipus for the first time,they must have looked mental,I would love to see one tbh

Quote Originally Posted by funny_flopbags View Post
    There's shedloads off of squirrels in the park opposite here Chalks. Does it really matter what colour they are?
    Anything near the chicken run gans grey anhow judging by the colour of the houses.

Southport is ace, especially the Ainsdale bit but Formby is a con as you have to pay to get in to that wildlife bit - similar to paying to get into a zoo and claiming that you have seen a Lion in the wild....

Quote Originally Posted by crushalime View Post
    Southport is ace, especially the Ainsdale bit but Formby is a con as you have to pay to get in to that wildlife bit - similar to paying to get into a zoo and claiming that you have seen a Lion in the wild....
    Crusher... Not if youse of off joined the National trust ..

I don't mind paying an entrance fee if the money goes to something worthwhile, more than happy to help the Wildlife Trust,if I see a red squirrel it would be money well spent,I've got next week off so I'm heading up to Formby then

Quote Originally Posted by crushalime View Post
    similar to paying to get into a zoo and claiming that you have seen a Lion in the wild....
    If I don't get to see one soon I will be claiming that I saw one even if its a stuffed squirrel in a box in an antiques shop at this rate

Quote Originally Posted by chalkyncfc61 View Post
    If I don't get to see one soon I will be claiming that I saw one even if its a stuffed squirrel in a box in an antiques shop at this rate
    You will see more than one at Formby..Mark my words Chalky..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)