+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, who's yer man?

So, who's yer man?

Robinson till the end of the season, Robinson on a two year deal, A.N. Other?

Club don't seem to be stating publicly that they are accepting applications for the manager's position therefore I think Robinson will have the gig until end of the season at least I suspect.But all that can change with another grubbing at Aberdeen

The club is playing it very close to its chest, which of course is the right way to go about it. I know who I don't want but don't know who I do want. If the club is keen, as has been reported, to make an appointment this week then I think Robinson hasn't had sufficient time to prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    The club is playing it very close to its chest, which of course is the right way to go about it. I know who I don't want but don't know who I do want. If the club is keen, as has been reported, to make an appointment this week then I think Robinson hasn't had sufficient time to prove himself.
    In contrast to prior managerless periods, the lack of chatter/job posting or media speculation is leaving us all "uninformed".
    Nothing much against Robinson, except his prior period at FP, but I'd be very disappointed should he be given the job without first guiding the team to a significant winning streak.
    I don't think the club has the luxury of giving him that time if the team continues to lose.

Any new manager coming in is going to have an easy excuse should the team continue to struggle.

Every potential boss has negatives but every potential boss has positives as well...no point stressing till it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by firparkUSA View Post
    Nothing much against Robinson, except his prior period at FP, but I'd be very disappointed should he be given the job without first guiding the team to a significant winning streak. I don't think the club has the luxury of giving him that time if the team continues to lose.

Any new manager coming in is going to have an easy excuse should the team continue to struggle.
    Yes, we can't give the job to Mr Robinson on the basis of one game. However, I'd like to think that one of the qualities our Directors are looking for, at least in the short term, is the ability to raise the game of ordinary players.

Robinson has to prove himself if he is to be given the job on a permanent basis and for that we need to put together a decent run of form for the first time this season and of course, avoid relegation.

He wouldn't be my choice for the job, but at least he does have some experience of management behind him and I'd take him getting it over giving it to McFadden or any other untested individual.

Robinson was a spectacular failure at Oldham and has no other experience as a manager. We can't afford to let things drift by experimenting with him and leaving him in place for the rest of the season.

Our situation is urgent and we need a proven manager in. I read in the papers that there have been 50 applications and I'm sure the Board are capable of sifting through them to identify an appropriate successor. If not we will just have to sack the Board too.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyG View Post
    Robinson was a spectacular failure at Oldham and has no other experience as a manager. We can't afford to let things drift by experimenting with him and leaving him in place for the rest of the season.

Our situation is urgent and we need a proven manager in. I read in the papers that there have been 50 applications and I'm sure the Board are capable of sifting through them to identify an appropriate successor. If not we will just have to sack the Board too.
    Tend to agree with that - the time to experiment coach wise is if you're appointing in summer as you still have the chance to sack them at Christmas or spring and avoid relegation. For me that means passing on someone with potential, even if they later turn out to be a great coach.

I've read that Jim Duffy is favourite to become our next manager. Plenty of experience and doing a good job at Morton just now. Could be a decent appointment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)