+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ipswich Town v Wolves Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Never doubted the starting lineup
    I know what you mean Newcy. I never doubted it would not be good enough either!

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    I know what you mean Newcy. I never doubted it would not be good enough either!
    You and me both Wokes.

Another game where i have seen some improvement, if there was going to be a winner out of the two sides last night then it should have been Wolves. Again though, it's all about putting your chances away.

I expected changes before kick-off and again this is what i have come to expect. As with recent previous meetings with Ipswich, it was never going to be a classic and again proved at the end of this one.

The main talking point of the first half for me was the foul on Matt Doherty on the edge of the Ipswich area, from where we was it looked so close to being inside, but the ref and his linesman thought otherwise. I've seen highlights earlier on the Wolves youtube channel and it isn't on there. One other moment was a comical moment for Danny Batth, in trying to shield the ball out of play, but then ends up shielding the ball lying on the ground. One i'm glad nothing came of it.

Looking back at the second half and clear cut chances alone, and Wolves had two, Bodvarsson hitting the post and Marshall's free-kick that came off the bar. Ipswich's main area of threat came from their corners, three corners in quick succession were put right under Ikeme's throat and each one he dealt with well. He also dealt with a couple of tame efforts. Other than that he had very little to.

Wolves' play in the second half saw Doherty and Weimann linking up well on the right and on the other side Marshall looking better as the game went on. A new partnership in the central midfield area with Price and Saiss, one thing about the latter is he wants the ball and tries to make things happen.

It's just a pity wolves couldn't go on and take the three points, but a point at Portman Road is better than none.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Cheers Gav. Didn't sound like there was much of an atmosphere there?

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Cheers Gav. Didn't sound like there was much of an atmosphere there?
    There wasn't, at times it was like being at a wake, we only had five in our minibus on the way down there, with two making the return journey. It was only an eight-seater anyway.

There wasn't, at times it was like being at a wake, we only had five in our minibus on the way down there, with two making the return journey. It was only an eight-seater anyway.
    What happened to the other three, they didn't do a Celtic and go native did they?

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    What happened to the other three, they didn't do a Celtic and go native did they?
    My previous reply should read two more returned with us on the way back to make seven.

My previous reply should read two more returned with us on the way back to make seven.
    Mystery solved!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)