+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Risk taker

Coyle hasn't succeeded anywhere and won't in future. I'll be amazed if he ever gets another shot at being a manager in English football.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Coyle hasn't succeeded anywhere and won't in future. I'll be amazed if he ever gets another shot at being a manager in English football.
    Actually, he did pretty well at both St. Johnstone and Burnley.
    I bet he does get another job in the future. Once these men are on the "circuit", it's almost impossible to lever them off!
    I remember quite clearly a lot of Rovers fans saying Bowyer was a decent coach, but he just wasn't up to the job of management. Things change very quickly in football.

Sorry aucks, I can with confidence state that coyle IS a bad manager.
    I 100% agree with Saxo on this point. The current team from the last 4 games are completey different from the one before. I have never seen such a change. Not even from Ince to BFS was it such a huge change.

Coyle did bring in some decent players, no doubt there. But it was clear as day that his 'attacking brand' of football left a lot of issues relatated to playing the opposition and focused purely on Rovers game only. He also did have some bad luck with decisions. But all in all and over the course, Rovers were much more disorganised under him than they are now. If he is ever to suceed in the game, the only role I can see that he's fit for is directer of football somewhere. He is not a manager that can turn the bad times around and change the game plan to grind out a result.

A scout? Maybe. Manager? No way.

If rovers go down from this position, its all coyles doing IMO.

Having been away for a while and with that only managed to attend one match under TM , the others I have only really 'heard/ read report of'.
    However my match day buddy (who is a difficult man to appease) appears to be far happier with our squad and more importantly tactics under the guidance of TM.
    I know where Aucks is coming from, but when OC was unveiled as our new man, every single comment from support of his previous clubs stated he was 'glaringly lacking' and with that we would ship goals for fun.
    I think that damning indictment and the unfolding demise (post his introduction) does indeed clearly indicate this man is/was well outside his capability 'level'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)