+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Risk taker

Risk taker

Our new boss likes a gamble doesn't he, subs wise? 4 reasons I reckon possibly..

1. Players aren't as fit as he'd like, so does it to benefit from fresh legs.

2. As an alternative to throw the opposition, the much sought after 'plan B'.

3. To familiarize himself with players in match action.

4. To make as many players as possible feel involved, creating a good squad spirit.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Our new boss likes a gamble doesn't he, subs wise? 4 reasons I reckon possibly..

1. Players aren't as fit as he'd like, so does it to benefit from fresh legs.

2. As an alternative to throw the opposition, the much sought after 'plan B'.

3. To familiarize himself with players in match action.

4. To make as many players as possible feel involved, creating a good squad spirit.

What do you think?
    I'm impressed so far, but I'm waiting to see that it's not just the new manager "bounce" effect. We still seem to be playing in patches, but in a couple of games, opponents have missed late chances, whereas they always seemed to score from them when Coyle was in charge.
    Don't get me wrong. TM has done an excellent job so far, but I still think we forget that luck does play a part.
    It looks as if we're going to have a full squad soon, as well, which was a luxury Bowyer and Coyle rarely experienced.
    Football fans always invest so much faith in the manager, as if no other factors are involved.
    If we can get draws against Norwich and Fulham, then I would say we've definitely turned the corner.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 08-03-2017 at 03:38 AM.

Sorry aucks, I can with confidence state that coyle IS a bad manager.

He most certainly was a bad manager
    is Mowbray a good manager or just the bounce effect?time will tell
    from my own opinion I think he is a good fit for us
    honest and hard working is just what we need
    The players have benefited from this just when we needed it the most
    everything so far has been impressive let's just see where we stand after the tough run in to the international break.

Sorry aucks, I can with confidence state that coyle IS a bad manager.
    The thing is, Saxo, did you see how many Rovers supporters stated "with confidence" that Bowyer was a "bad manager"? You'll never convince me that it's as simple as 'good and bad'.
    Look at Mourinho getting sacked by Chelsea. Is Ranieri suddenly a "bad manager"?

Mourinho and ranieri have done good jobs in their time consistently. Coyle is prolifically awful.

Mourinho and ranieri have done good jobs in their time consistently. Coyle is prolifically awful.
    Then why were Leicester so poor under Ranieri this season, and so good last season?

I understand your point but if your gonna use it to defend coyle, then you're really on the wind up surely? Please don't highlight results that went well for coyle and injury issues. He's bloody awful, end of.

I understand your point but if your gonna use it to defend coyle, then you're really on the wind up surely? Please don't highlight results that went well for coyle and injury issues. He's bloody awful, end of.
    im with Saxo on this, Coyle is bloody awful..

As far as Coyle is concerned, I argued that he should have gone after the Barnsley defeat on Boxing Day, in order to give a new man the chance to operate in the transfer window. He was always a bizarre choice because of his local history.
    All the same, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he went somewhere else and made a success of it. That's what the majority of managers DO! They move from place to place in their careers, sometimes doing well; sometimes failing. The notion that some are "good managers", full-stop, is proved wrong, time and time again. If Mourinho - "the Special One" - can lead Chelsea to the brink of the relegation-zone with a budget of hundreds of millions, then surely we have to conclude that many, many other factors are involved in the difference between success and failure.
    I like Mowbray, and he is a bit of a hero to Rovers fans at the moment...but so was Lambert after his first month!
    It is inevitable that managers carry the can for everything, because that is the football-culture the media have encouraged over the years. Trying to make this black-and-white division into "good" and "bad" managers, however - and ignoring everything else - just flies in the face of reality as far as I'm concerned. Look at Mowbray's own patchy record!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)