shopify analytics
+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lyndon Dykes

Lyndon Dykes

Really like the look of Dykes early season despite him playing out wide when he's actually a striker . He's big , strong and has fantastic pace . Not really been the same though after returning from injury & doesn't appear to be in Naysmith's starting 11 plans . I know he started on Tuesday night , can anyone tell me how he did please ?
    I think given the chance he'll succeed at Queens

Dykes did sign a contract extension earlier this season when he was playing really well and scoring goals. He has not been the same since returning after his injury but there is a decent player in there as we have seen. So we need to be patient with Lyndon and give him the opportunity to regain that form he displayed earlier in the season.

I reckon once Queens, or Naysmith find Dykes most favoured position in the team, he may well prosper.

Started tonight again but failed to deliver . He wasn't the only one . Stephen Dobbie looks like a player low in confidence. Nothing is coming off for him at the moment

Wins a few balls in the air as he is tall but that's about it - came from a very low level of football in Australia - may prove me wrong but looks way out of his depth in the Championship at this moment in time.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Started tonight again but failed to deliver . He wasn't the only one . Stephen Dobbie looks like a player low in confidence. Nothing is coming off for him at the moment
    Dobbie is not and never has been a player to play as a lone striker. Using a system that menas we can`t get the best out of our most talented player is just daft.

Agree. Usless playing Dobbie as a loan striker, completely wasted.

Couldn't agree more. Will go the same way as Pickard.

Dykes looked a decent prospect early on but has faded up recently after injury . I get the impression that Naysmith will move players on even if they've another season on their contract . He's been about too long and played at the highest level to know if a player is good enough or not
    It's going to be an interesting summer for Queens

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Dykes looked a decent prospect early on but has faded up recently after injury . I get the impression that Naysmith will move players on even if they've another season on their contract . He's been about too long and played at the highest level to know if a player is good enough or not
    It's going to be an interesting summer for Queens
    I do agree that Naysmith has the knowledge of the Scottish game to identify players who can do a job for Queens and I hope that the board have the funds to support his plans. If financial assistance is forthcoming then I look forward to the close season and the following campaign. Certainly better than the past few seasons when players were only signed up after the close season.

He's quick and gets on the end of the ball. I don't see why he doesn't get started upfront with Dobbie. Dobbie as above isn't a lone striker and with the two of them in attack you have the versatility/ability for attacking at pace, taking on the through ball, Dobbie working his footwork as we know he can and also with Dykes' height, we have a set piece option. I do hope he stays as i'm confident he'll find his way as per early season.

My previous comment referred to Dykes, not Dobbie being similar to Pickard and I also think that there will be quite a few ins and outs at the end of the season.

Certainly looked a real prospect earlier on in the season . Hopefully he can find that kind of form again if given the chance ......

Lyndon has got 6 games to prove he's good enough or he'll be heading back to the Gold Coast in the Summer time IMO

I wonder if all these unproven "Dumfries rumours" concerning his private life are having an effect on his form ?

Lyndon has a contract until May 2018, if he wants to sit tight he can.

Don't book your flight home just yet Lyndon

Well done son , a goal and an assist after coming on as a sub

Great result and good to see Lyndon back to his earlier form this season.

That was a right confidence booster for Dykes today . Thought he did really well when he came on . Credit where credits due

Was interesting to see who big Lyndon dedicated his goal to on his Instagram account

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Was interesting to see who big Lyndon dedicated his goal to on his Instagram account
    Who was it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast