Get your very own personalised Villa Chat gifts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Barry

Gareth Barry

He said he would consider a move back to Villa before he retires. Well if it's not this summer I can't see the point because he's getting on a bit now. Would be the perfect player to get in especially if Jedi isn't fit. He's a big fan of Bruce so come on bring him home.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2017/03/10/gareth-barry-never-say-never-on-a-return-to-aston-villa/

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    He said he would consider a move back to Villa before he retires. Well if it's not this summer I can't see the point because he's getting on a bit now. Would be the perfect player to get in especially if Jedi isn't fit. He's a big fan of Bruce so come on bring him home.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/...o-aston-villa/
    At 36 now what could offer Bongo? he lacks pace and is always getting cought out and fouling players, he suffers a lot of suspensions because of this!

A 32 year old Barry would have been good for us but as we have all found out the Championship is a very hard league and surely we need someone with youth on their side?

I was at VP when Barry made his debut, Players like him do not come around very often, I said at the time this guy will make it big time and i'm sure he started in defence? I said the same of David Platt.

Nice thought Bongo but a bit too late me thinks.

You might be right Dave and apparently Everton fans have been on his back recently. I would offer him a two year contract. Having him around would give everyone a lift and would just rotate him and Jedi.

Talking

You might be right Dave and apparently Everton fans have been on his back recently. I would offer him a two year contract. Having him around would give everyone a lift and would just rotate him and Jedi.

See you posted this on *****Villa as well Sasquatch!

Well spotted. There equivalent to the tavern is where I've posted most. I don't talk about football much. You can have some decent conversations about Bigfoot Ufos 911 etc
    Last edited by bongosdad; 10-03-2017 at 06:20 PM.

2 year deal - he'd be laughing all the way to the bank and play about 20 games in that time, legs have gone & would stifle youth team players breaking into the squad.

By the way - don't think we need a lift now Bongo, things are coming along just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    2 year deal - he'd be laughing all the way to the bank and play about 20 games in that time, legs have gone & would stifle youth team players breaking into the squad.

By the way - don't think we need a lift now Bongo, things are coming along just fine.
    I just think if we could bring in Barry and say John Terry would be the cherry on the cake. Barry was always slow but still starts most games for Everton. We would have the perfect replacement for Jedi when he's unavailable. The team falls apart without the Jedi.
    It just shows what an idiotic decision it was from Lambert not to resign him when we had a chance.

That would be a no for me as well.

You gotta let go of past players returning Bingo.

Yeah. A no for me. The only player I really would like to see Villa bring in this season would be Jota off Brentford.

I just think if we could bring in Barry and say John Terry would be the cherry on the cake. Barry was always slow but still starts most games for Everton. We would have the perfect replacement for Jedi when he's unavailable. The team falls apart without the Jedi.

This is Earth calling Bongo ….Earth calling Bongo..... Cough.. replace Jedi ? Barry is about as much use in the air as a concrete parachute !

I know its been awhile, I just had to say that you're lucky our bet is still not in play, Bongo. Still bringing up Barry? Dammit man! Give it up, if he wanted to come back we should have had him two years ago!

We could have had him back if it wasn't for that bloody Lambert icecream. Good to see you posting again 👍🏻

What is a Lambert ice cream? All these new flavours they think up nowadays.

Haha

Lambert ice cream is a flavor you buy when you haven't got a lot of cash, then you don't give it the ice cream cone or a spoon to eat with, so you're forced to hold it in your hands. Rather than blame the ice cream store owner for cheating you on a promise to deliver a good product, you blame the ice cream for being too cold in your hands.

But, no blame for the ice cream holder for removing key ingredients adding new ones that actually weren't bad and then removing them?

can I have some icecream?

If Lambert went shopping for your dessert, he'd probably convince you that he'd bought Ben & Jerrys Phish Food, and bring home Asda Own label Vanilla asking you to believe in him the next time he popped down the local corner shop that he'd get the right flavours over the line - and find that once again he's let you down by investing in Aldi's Value Neapolitan (sounds foreign innit).

Still want some ?

Bring back barry, young, MoN, the years go by but the same record keeps playing. It's old, scratched, and jumps around the grooves but it keeps going on, and on. and on, and

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    Bring back barry, young, MoN, the years go by but the same record keeps playing. It's old, scratched, and jumps around the grooves but it keeps going on, and on. and on, and
    Bring back 'arry 'ampton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast