+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sack McClaren.

Sack McClaren.

For Gods sake get this clown out of Derby

I've got no idea who we'd bring in to get this lot looking semi competent.

They don't play for anyone but themselves sadly.

Swanseas manager is doing quite well.... Maybe him

Agree, we should never have sacked him, but hey ho Mel knows best!

If he goes on to be a class manager I will be very surprised. I don't think we got rid for football reasons.

Well he is managing a side in the premier league who looked doomed and has done well since he took over, so depends what you call class, for Derby a manager that gets consistency would be class!

Agree with KCG and Swansea's manager didn't do so well today, against a team from the bottom three. He was very stop start at Derby...poor start, then a brilliant run, then an awful two and a half months. Think the jury is out on Clement. They were hugely fortunate in that first match at Anfield and he's had some good results since but it could be just another 'honeymoon' period...just like McClaren's first couple of months really.

The bloke (Clement) has all the charisma of an empty pic n mix bag

He was dull and uninspiring, had zero authority and the football was dreadful for the most part, he might well do ok at Swansea but he wont be a top level manager, he has nothing about him, a coach at best.

I think McLaren is clueless it cost myself and my wife £160 to watch that rubbish last night What other manager would go away to the league leaders and start with 4 strikers and one recognised Championship midfielder You wouldn't see that on a Sunday morning who the bloody hell he thought was going to win the ball god only knows Get him out now Mel definitely don't give him any money Im afraid we are having to put up with him though because of the contract he is on As for all the people saying build a team around Hughes forget it he washed up poor management has ruined him playing to many games when he wasn't fit hes knackered McLaren is a poor manager can only play one system he got lucky when he had Thorne Forsyth and Wisdom but he is now lost You can see what he is doing convincing Mel all will be ok next season when he gets Martin back Well it will take a lot more than that Yes he did come back and won a few matches but I kept saying on here we were lucky but people were saying that's the sign of a good sign of a good team Well its not its the sign of a lucky team no more than that Ive seen 32 league matches this season and I think weve played well about 5 times

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I think McLaren is clueless it cost myself and my wife £160 to watch that rubbish last night What other manager would go away to the league leaders and start with 4 strikers and one recognised Championship midfielder You wouldn't see that on a Sunday morning who the bloody hell he thought was going to win the ball god only knows Get him out now Mel definitely don't give him any money Im afraid we are having to put up with him though because of the contract he is on As for all the people saying build a team around Hughes forget it he washed up poor management has ruined him playing to many games when he wasn't fit hes knackered McLaren is a poor manager can only play one system he got lucky when he had Thorne Forsyth and Wisdom but he is now lost You can see what he is doing convincing Mel all will be ok next season when he gets Martin back Well it will take a lot more than that Yes he did come back and won a few matches but I kept saying on here we were lucky but people were saying that's the sign of a good sign of a good team Well its not its the sign of a lucky team no more than that Ive seen 32 league matches this season and I think weve played well about 5 times

I thought he only had a contract until the end of this season? if so why would Mel keep him on if we dont improve?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)