+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The blame lies in two camps!

The blame lies in two camps!

The blame for our abysmal football is two fold and very simple.

I believe the ultimate blame lies with Candy Crush MM. He may well be a very astute business man and a true fan, whose heart is in the right place, but he appears to be an appalling football club owner and chairman in my opinion. It seems as if he has interfered far too much in team affairs and the gung ho and reckless hiring and firing of managers has turned the club into a complete laughing stock.

Blame area number two. Very simple. The big headed, overrated, conceited, lazy, pathetic, talentless, egotistical, overpaid bunch of morons that are the first team squad of Derby County!!

Do I blame McClaren too? Yes to a degree, but I doubt anyone would be able to get this pathetic bunch of so called footballers to perform for 90 mins in a match.

McClaren seems to be an average type workman that has been told to do a difficult job, but has not been given the right tools to complete the task.

Oh dear Derby County, what on Earth have you turned into?

Pretty well sums it up otr!! With regard to the players my missus in her naivety suggests that they should be paid on the same basis that she was. She got paid on her achievements and was rewarded only for her efforts! So she suggests: lose=25% of pay, draw=60% of pay, win=100% of pay. Bonuses for autos and play-off winners!! Should liven up one or two of them but won't happen of course!!

I don't blame Mac at all, he's been here all of 5 months and we at least haven't been involved in a relegation scrap, because I wouldn't be confident in the slightest of this bunch of perpetual f****** losers putting in the effort to avoid the drop, its a good job we had the mac bounce tbh.

Mel sadly isn't cut out being a football owner, hasn't got the patience or the discipline needed to take a club forward, seems to think bullying "smaller clubs" into selling their star players = automatic promotion, Burnley did a right number on us with Shackell, and even took Hendrick for 10m and he's probably worth double that now with Dyche mentoring him instead of our bunch of hopeless lazy b******s, I said 10m was a good deal for us though and still think we did the right thing.

Mel needs to hire a CEO and clear off imo, and he can still fund the club and have his input but we need proper football men at the helm making the footballing decisions..

As for next manager, not a**** if its McClaren, if he's given it long term then give him the time he needs ffs, but if not then Rowett or Wagner, preferably Wagner, as the job he's done there is just remarkable, give him the time he needs to clear out the absolute clowns we've got ourselves lumbered with and let him do the football please Mel.. Not that I can see Wagner touching us with a 10 foot barge pole.

Mel needs to hire a CEO, I thought we had a CEO already?

CEO by name but Mel's coffee bringer by trade

We all know who makes the decisions and it ain't the CEO lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    The blame for our abysmal football is two fold and very simple.

I believe the ultimate blame lies with Candy Crush MM. He may well be a very astute business man and a true fan, whose heart is in the right place, but he appears to be an appalling football club owner and chairman in my opinion. It seems as if he has interfered far too much in team affairs and the gung ho and reckless hiring and firing of managers has turned the club into a complete laughing stock.

Blame area number two. Very simple. The big headed, overrated, conceited, lazy, pathetic, talentless, egotistical, overpaid bunch of morons that are the first team squad of Derby County!!

Do I blame McClaren too? Yes to a degree, but I doubt anyone would be able to get this pathetic bunch of so called footballers to perform for 90 mins in a match.

McClaren seems to be an average type workman that has been told to do a difficult job, but has not been given the right tools to complete the task.

Oh dear Derby County, what on Earth have you turned into?
    An 'astute business man', a 'true fan', whose 'heart is in the right place'. Only Derby could screw up with that combination. Not sure where the evidence is to say he's an 'appalling football club owner'. He's certainly generous with the financial backing but is he to blame for the poor quality of the majority of signings over the last two years? I think not, but I agree with everything else you've said and I think 'a laughing stock' is the answer to your final question.

So what good does it do bringing in another CEO if Mel makes the decisions?

Mel keeping out of the football side would be a good start

But we know he's not going too

Boro, Sunderland and one from Swansea, Leicester or Hull will be joining us again next season, with settled squads and massive parachute payments etc, so its not getting easier is it.

We wont be going up next season anyway with the current set up, until that changes we wont be going up to our now going on 15 year plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Mel keeping out of the football side would be a good start

But we know he's not going too

Boro, Sunderland and one from Swansea, Leicester or Hull will be joining us again next season, with settled squads and massive parachute payments etc, so its not getting easier is it.

We wont be going up next season anyway with the current set up, until that changes we wont be going up to our now going on 15 year plan.
    You're right about it not getting any easier but we don't know Mel won't keep out of football matters because we don't know for sure that he does interfere. All I know for sure is that he once (ONCE!!!) about four**** months ago dished out a *******ing in the changing room and that he has put enormous amounts of his own money into trying to make DCFC a success. If you know differently and have evidence to back up the allegations of interference in 'football matters' then please share it with us all.

Appalling is perhaps too strong a word. Sorry Mel.

I have no evidence that he interferes in the running of the team but from accounts I have heard from quite a few different sources, he perhaps has poked his nose in, when it may have been better not to have done.

Of course, he needs to have a say but he should leave the running of the footballing side of things to those who should know what they are doing.

If McClaren is not the long term answer to the managerial role he and Rush should take their time in selecting the right man for the job and then give that person adequate time to build their own team without any knee jerk reactions when things are not going so well. Whether McClaren is the right guy or not, I think the jury is out on that one, but a careful and considered decision should be taken, but not hastily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)