+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Motherwell lose in added time

Motherwell lose in added time

At the end of a brave defensive 90 minutes Motherwell conceded and Aberdeen scored the only goal at Pittodrie. It was a hugely improved showing from the Steelmen and though they never looked like winning it was a cruel loss. - External Link

I'm not so sure it will have enhanced Robinson's prospects of being offered the job, or at least it shouldn't have done. Last week he secured a win but we only played for 45 minutes. This week we lost and hardly had a shot on target.

Agree but I don't think it will have done him much harm either. If you'd said ahead of Killie away and Aberdeen away we'd concede only twice and pick up three points, everybody would have taken it quite happily.

On balance over the past 2 games he hasn't impressed but hasn't blown his chances either. Where that takes us in terms of selection I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    On balance over the past 2 games he hasn't impressed but hasn't blown his chances either. Where that takes us in terms of selection I really don't know.
    I think it leaves us where we always were - comparing the outside applicants to the insider Robinson and asking if someone is better. If yes, they'll get the job. If not, SR will keep it.

Completely agree that the mixed bag of performance over the two games - even if the bare numbers were basically acceptable - doesn't make the decision easier though.

SR can't be held responsible for our rag-tag bunch of losers conceding AGAIN with virtually the last kick of the game. Just proves they didn't lay down the tools and want McGhee removed; if anything, it shows they're ***kin 5hitebags, end of !! 😡

Who is the five that are getting interviewed on Monday?

A fantasy 5 invented by the media. We'll take the cheap option as per

We'll end up with Robinson. Cheap and easy option.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin View Post
    We'll end up with Robinson. Cheap and easy option.
    Would tend to agree as Robinson did not relocate north NOT knowing McGhee departure was on the horizon ... whether it it be the summer or sooner. I would prefer Robinson managed until the summer and then assessed our options. I think a high risk offering him permanent deal and I've had a belly fully of risks & phuds past years.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)