+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: DAFT (Dave Artells Football Tactics)

DAFT (Dave Artells Football Tactics)

Tactics were spot on against Pompey but I can't figure out for the life of me why we had Wintle on the wing rather than Cooper/Kirk/Ainley , or why we packed the midfield against a team that we're only ever going to bypass it with long balls???

Strange subs too , desperately needed to keep the ball and took Cooke off ?

Agree. Not an excuse in any way, but thought we got nothing from the ref....apart from him not sending Cooke off!

This was always going to be a long ball game from Newport and DA got his tactics wrong. We tried to pay them at there own game instead of playing the ball on the floor which we all know is the Crewe way to play football . Also we lacked any player who could tackle properley. I felt the change was fair in the first half and the ref got that one right , robust but fair,

Presume you meant challenge, and the one involving Bingham? And I agree.

Its called naivety aka no coaching certificates/ability.

Artell might be the best man manager in the world, but to get things as badly wrong as yesterday is worrying. Newports only tactic was hoofball and we had the bulk of our team in the middle of the park getting neck strain. No wide men? Play 3 at the back giving Zooms and Ollie licence to attack down the wings?

Very disappointing team set up.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Its called naivety aka no coaching certificates/ability.

Artell might be the best man manager in the world, but to get things as badly wrong as yesterday is worrying. Newports only tactic was hoofball and we had the bulk of our team in the middle of the park getting neck strain. No wide men? Play 3 at the back giving Zooms and Ollie licence to attack down the wings?

Very disappointing team set up.
    "It can't 'appen, it just can't 'appen". Well it did Dave. It does Dave.