+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morton v QUEENS

Morton v QUEENS

Seems strange to be starting a thread on tonights's game after a complete lack of interest on this site but tbh there was only one team in it - Morton. The single point from the last 9 available MUST alert Mr Naysmith that this squad is simply not good enough to compete for a place in the play - offs in any season and hopefully the Queens board will somehow find the funds to strengthen the squad before the next campaign.

I agree completely and the apathy will now continue until the end of the season. Certainly radical changes in personnel and surgery are required on the present squad before the start of the next campaign but whether funds exist to achieve the desired alterations is another matter all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Seems strange to be starting a thread on tonights's game after a complete lack of interest on this site but tbh there was only one team in it - Morton. The single point from the last 9 available MUST alert Mr Naysmith that this squad is simply not good enough to compete for a place in the play - offs in any season and hopefully the Queens board will somehow find the funds to strengthen the squad before the next campaign.

Don't worry , Mr Hewitson has a "masterplan" . He came across very well during his halftime interview on ALBA . Sounds like we could have a new stand with office space etc in place in the near future

Lee Robinson getting a yellow card for timewasting at 0-0 in the 1st half is embarrasing. He did have a fine save 2nd half mind you.
    The defending for the goal we lost was dire again.
    Even at his peak Dobbie wasn`t a great option as a lone striker. It`s not going to work now and means we can`t get the best out of our best player.
    Really poor stuff today.

Yellow card wasn't as embarrassing as the amount of times he kicked the ball out when trying to find a man.
    Its another terrible team performance from front to back. Couldn't string more than 3 passes together, long balls never finding anyone, a solo striker having zero effect with no midfield central and wide service.
    Saying all that, for all of Morton's possession they never created much apart from a deflected goal.

Whats happened to Connor Murray? Had a fantastic game then never been seen since.

I noticed Ayrton Sonkur was on the subs bench.

I can only get to so many games due to 550 mile round trip, so I look forward to games on TV. This was an ABSOLUTE rubbish showing by Queens. I gave up counting after 30 tried passes by queens that they gave away to morton. Dykes was not there apart from a few (not many) flicked on headers. When he got the ball to his feet he either lost it or passed it back (due to him not having a clue what to do). As for Robinson kicking the ball out/running to the edge of the box and waiting to kick or pass it out to queens players, I nearly had to buy a new tv. With regards to Dobbie being a lone strike, I personally do not think that this works as he is better working off other players. With regards to the long punt from Robinson, the scouts from other clubs must be laughing as all they have to say to the opposing team is just go left as this is where its going when its a kick out and just crowd them.
    Every time the attacking team gets near queens penalty area I am a nervous wreck as I am not convinced by our defence (understatement). Naysmith was a defender and knows this area however, there is something lacking, either in communication between players/manager and there has to be a necessary clean out end of season. The only thing that I can say about the defence for most of the game was that they were trying to clear balls out of the danger area however, 30% of those I believe of those clearances went straight to apposing players with no pressure from the midfield.
    I tip my hat to you fans that can make it to every game/home game and I hope that your hair is not as grey as mine due to supporting the South.

Excellent points made there mate so pity you don't see Queens enough to post more on here. I see Morton have already started
    recruiting players for next season with Dumbarton's striker Thomson ready to move to Cappielow in the summer.

I hope Queens can get their Thomson back on loan from Celtic and Thomas from Motherwell on season long deals.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I noticed Ayrton Sonkur was on the subs bench.
    What does that tell you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)