+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whisky

Fine stuff, drink it with respect though.

Oban is a great dram as is Old Pulteney. Balvenie double wood is superb.

Laphroaig, nom nom nom, an acquired taste​ but one of my favourites.

Had a bottle of cask strength Glen Garioch while back, 60.1% !! bloom heck, what a glow !! tasted good too.

Tomintoul 16 is an excellent whisky, as are most Glenlivet's ( not founders reserve, it's poor ).

If you are just getting into whisky then something like Monkey Shoulder would be a good place to start, easy drinking and a blend of three speyside single malts.

Whiskies to avoid, Haig Club - horrible stuff. Bowmore 9yr old Sherry cask - Bowmore is a decent whisky just doesn't work when heavily sherried. Any cheap blend.

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post

Had a bottle of cask strength Glen Garioch while back, 60.1% !! bloom heck, what a glow !! tasted good too.

Whiskies to avoid, Haig Club -.
    Any brand David Beckham endorses should be avoided

I still need to do the Glen Garioch tour. Lived next door to it for 4 years and still not done it.

Balvennie double wood is indeed a fine whisky.

For the Huns that would like converting I'd recommend a Craigellachie 13yr old or a Knockando.

I go to Islay twice a year but I'm not a massive fan of their whiskies. I do like a Port Charlotte for nostalgia reasons though.

If you'd like to spend a bit of money then the Ghosted Reserve 21yr old blend or a Hibiki 17yr old from Japan are immense.

Fine stuff, drink it with respect though.

Oban is a great dram as is Old Pulteney. Balvenie double wood is superb.

Laphroaig, nom nom nom, an acquired taste​ but one of my favourites.

Tomintoul 16 is an excellent whisky, as are most Glenlivet's ( not founders reserve, it's poor ).

If you are just getting into whisky then something like Monkey Shoulder would be a good place to start, easy drinking and a blend of three speyside single malts.

Whiskies to avoid, Haig Club - horrible stuff. Bowmore 9yr old Sherry cask - Bowmore is a decent whisky just doesn't work when heavily sherried. Any cheap blend.
    good shout. just polished off the Monkey Shoulder, restock next time through the airport. fine drink

I do like a Whisky especially a Balvennie double wood and anAberlour of any age. The malt mans at Glenfiddich is also a very good one, i think it was a Lagavulin somebody gave me not long ago that i did not like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    I do like a Whisky especially a Balvennie double wood and anAberlour of any age. The malt mans at Glenfiddich is also a very good one, i think it was a Lagavulin somebody gave me not long ago that i did not like
    Lagavulin 16yr old is smoooooootthhh. I have nae had it for a while right enough.

A question, How much is acceptable to pay for a bottle that you are going to drink? Personally i would be quite willing to pay up to £350 and drink it. I recently bought my dad a bottle of Dalmore King Alexander for his birthday, £160 and never go to taste it !! lol

I really, really, really want to try Laphroaig 32yr old, was £800 a bottle when released, now, out of my price range @ £1500. I do not see the point of buying a bottle of whisky just to look at, so, if i get a big acca up on the football, i will buy a bottle of it.

I know of a group of guy's, who, after a darts league match, went back to a house party and carried on drinking. When the home owner awoke in the morning, he discovered his prized bottle of Ardbeg 17yr lying empty on the living room floor. £500 bottle rouhly. Couldnt even remember drinking it !!!

Did I ever tell you about the time I poured coke into a 1961 Glenfarclas? Course I did but it seems like a good thread to bring it up again. Tasted a bit like Famous Grouse & coke

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskie...elease-whisky/

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Did I ever tell you about the time I poured coke into a 1961 Glenfarclas? Course I did but it seems like a good thread to bring it up again. Tasted a bit like Famous Grouse & coke

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskie...elease-whisky/
    Might have known you would add Diet Coke to it !!! lol

A question, How much is acceptable to pay for a bottle that you are going to drink? Personally i would be quite willing to pay up to £350 and drink it. I recently bought my dad a bottle of Dalmore King Alexander for his birthday, £160 and never go to taste it !! lol

I really, really, really want to try Laphroaig 32yr old, was £800 a bottle when released, now, out of my price range @ £1500. I do not see the point of buying a bottle of whisky just to look at, so, if i get a big acca up on the football, i will buy a bottle of it.
    You don't need to buy the whole bottle just to try it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast