+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whisky

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    You don't need to buy the whole bottle just to try it
    Like your going to see it up on the gantry at your local marked "Malt of the Month" !!

My dad used to always give me a dram on new years eve from about the age of 14 and i hated the stuff. Turns out it was only because he drank peaty ones like Talisker. I had an Oban about 10 years ago and fell in love with the stuff. Also enjoy Glenmorangie!! Couldnt sit and drink the stuff all night like, but i like a couple of nips on the rocks every so often!

Maybe get it in The Grill...

They appear to only have the 25 y/o

Edit - speaking shiiiitteeee
    Last edited by Skacel; 14-03-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    A question, How much is acceptable to pay for a bottle that you are going to drink? Personally i would be quite willing to pay up to £350 and drink it. I recently bought my dad a bottle of Dalmore King Alexander for his birthday, £160 and never go to taste it !! lol

I really, really, really want to try Laphroaig 32yr old, was £800 a bottle when released, now, out of my price range @ £1500. I do not see the point of buying a bottle of whisky just to look at, so, if i get a big acca up on the football, i will buy a bottle of it.

I know of a group of guy's, who, after a darts league match, went back to a house party and carried on drinking. When the home owner awoke in the morning, he discovered his prized bottle of Ardbeg 17yr lying empty on the living room floor. £500 bottle rouhly. Couldnt even remember drinking it !!!
    In my experience diminishing returns kick in after the £100 mark. That's not to say a £1,000 isn't worth that amount - it's about supply and demand obviously. But it's obviously not going to be 10x better than a £100 bottle. Unless you're a true aficionado there's probably no need to spend much more.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    In my experience diminishing returns kick in after the £100 mark. That's not to say a £1,000 isn't worth that amount - it's about supply and demand obviously. But it's obviously not going to be 10x better than a £100 bottle. Unless you're a true aficionado there's probably no need to spend much more.
    That's how I see it as well. It's really the rarity that makes the difference.

I'd only ever open a bottle of whisky up to the £200 mark. After that it's only there to be looked at. It's quite easy to make money from collecting whisky but I think that will change dramatically due to it's current popularity and how sophisticated the market is also.

Head to the Harbour Inn in Bowmore for £800 a measure of their Bowmore 1961.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Head to the Harbour Inn in Bowmore for £800 a measure of their Bowmore 1961.
    I hear that goes well with a suppy of dandelion and burdock

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I hear that goes well with a suppy of dandelion and burdock
    Tizer.

I'm having déjà vu. Have we had this conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Tizer.

I'm having déjà vu. Have we had this conversation?
    I think we maybe have.

Tel you what though, when I take my daily walk with Pac Jnr to get "daddies paper" I'm gonna get a bottle of Tizer. Canna mind the last time Ive had een

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I think we maybe have.

Tel you what though, when I take my daily walk with Pac Jnr to get "daddies paper" I'm gonna get a bottle of Tizer. Canna mind the last time Ive had een
    Mind and get a bottle of Bowmore 1961 to go with it then !!!

only place for whisky is in the jar. horrible stuff

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast