+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts...

Are you Laurie fae Dennistoun?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    No it isn't - it used to be and much more amusing for it

Now it is 3 men and a dog and taintedice.
    is that a compliment, not sure

I'm not sure who Laurie is, but I'm positive you're one of the w.ankers I referenced earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticSupporter View Post
    I've really no idea what happened to this site really. But blaming it on social media is pretty weak in my opinion.

There used to be loads of football posts with the frequent GIRUY. For a long while it was just ****ers (mainly Celtic and The Rangers) ****ers with the odd loony from England thrown in. That's about when I more or less stopped caring.

I'm wondering, ED, have you ever reached out to some of the better posters? Asked them to come back.

There were loads that I didn't agree with but found interesting; Ianm, Bloobell, hell even Mark Dingwall was here for a while (though he could never deal with any adversity (bit like his team). I'd love to hear what DistantBear has to say (I actually have his e-mail but no idea if it's appropriate to bother him). That's just on the h.uns side of things.

Maybe I've just lost track of who's, who, but Verlaine and tons of Celtic supporters used to post here.

And, I'd love to hear what the Dons, the Hearts (brad something or other?) and other supporters have to say- it really is an interesting (outside the top spot), time to be a Scottish football supporter.

Anyway, I've no interest in hanging about Celtic sites talking about how great we are. I'd love a great Scottish Football site again. (Ok great might be pushing it, but...)

ED, get it sorted!

this site has never been the same since AJ delivered his farewell " I will never be back " speech a few years back

he pops in every two days mind !!

sumthings are irreplacable !

Quote Originally Posted by CelticSupporter View Post
    I'm not sure who Laurie is, but I'm positive you're one of the w.ankers I referenced earlier.
    Nae bother Laurie ya boring old fud

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSkelper View Post

Thought both keepers played well, making very important saves and couldn't really be blamed for the goal they did concede.

As ever though in a big match in the SPL the main talking points are the howlers by the ref.

FFS no wonder the Scottish game is sneered at when such terrible officiating seems so predictable.

Poor game not helped by an idiot referee who has a problem calling big decisions for Celtic at Celtic Park. Second Sunday in a row we looked very slow and negative. Scoring first never helped us, we thought we could just sail off with the points by not really playing well. Lessons will be learned, we are 1 point nearer to being champions, they are two points further away from second place, hardly something for daft Sevconians to celebrate the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by seumasbhoy View Post
    Poor game not helped by an idiot referee who has a problem calling big decisions for Celtic at Celtic Park. Second Sunday in a row we looked very slow and negative. Scoring first never helped us, we thought we could just sail off with the points by not really playing well. Lessons will be learned, we are 1 point nearer to being champions, they are two points further away from second place, hardly something for daft Sevconians to celebrate the way they did.
    To be fair one suspects the The Rangers were celebrating because everybody thought they'd get a tonking and their performance deserved a draw - albeit they were aided and abetted by some horrendous refereeing. And it came in the very late stages of the game.

That said, the league table has Celtic, Aberdeen, and The Rangers all having played 28 games and the current standings in terms of points are 80, 55, and 47 respectively.

So as of yesterday, The Rangers bowed out of the title race officially (only a possible maximum 30 points available from their 10 games left). I do find it amusing and surprising that the The Rangers fans would celebrate such a milestone

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    To be fair one suspects the The Rangers were celebrating because everybody thought they'd get a tonking and their performance deserved a draw - albeit they were aided and abetted by some horrendous refereeing. And it came in the very late stages of the game.

That said, the league table has Celtic, Aberdeen, and The Rangers all having played 28 games and the current standings in terms of points are 80, 55, and 47 respectively.

So as of yesterday, The Rangers bowed out of the title race officially (only a possible maximum 30 points available from their 10 games left). I do find it amusing and surprising that the The Rangers fans would celebrate such a milestone
    Indeed, it should have been a collective sigh of relief that we had a poor day at the office, not a collective trumpet of triumphalism for managing a draw when only a win would do.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSkelper View Post
    You've more in common with Laurie fae Dennistoun than CS, considering he lives abroad and you live within smelling distance of the cesspit.

CS has made a valid point, no longer can this forum discuss fitba, every thread descends into utter garbage.

Years ago everyone on both sides had a say, banter was dished out directly after the game, sometimes lasting into the wee small hours, that's how it was.

As I said earlier this forum is riddled with scum. Enough said eh?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)