+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The SNP

The SNP

It has transpired that oil revenues are dropping like a stone. The SNP have known that Scotland cant afford independance a long time ago, and have deliberately ramped up oil forecasts. This is not about independance.

How do you feel about being lied too?

Sare fecht, half loaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

By who exactly. I mean, aren't THE PROMISEs, promises?

I couldn't care less about individual parties as they are all "playing a game" to one degree or other.
    I would imagine that this validates Unionists' reasons for playing the moral high ground game though.

It has transpired that oil revenues are dropping like a stone. The SNP have known that Scotland cant afford independance a long time ago, and have deliberately ramped up oil forecasts. This is not about independance.

The blatant liar was Salmond when he said that oil revenue was a bonus and not a necessity to make independence work. Even though it was a bonus, they did add in the oil revenue into their figures at well over $100 a barrel.

Politics aside, I get no pleasure that the price of oil is as low as it is as oil is so important for the economy in Aberdeen. I am no expert but it looks to me that there is no real upward pressure to the price of oil on the horizon. OPEC want to keep it low for several reasons but if it did increase the US would increase shale production and the price would go down again. There is over supply right now and lots of capacity to increase world-wide production levels.

I would have thought that the £ going down against the $ would have benefitted the UK industry?
    Last edited by Getintaethem; 09-03-2017 at 07:46 PM.

"Independance".

That sodomy-obsessed public school that provided your education was a fraud.

The SNP is New Labour in plaid.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    "Independance".

That sodomy-obsessed public school that provided your education was a fraud.

The SNP is New Labour in plaid.
    It is Independance. Put your referendum in, put your referendum out, in out, in out, shake it all about.

"afford, afford, afford". Of course we can "afford" independence. Bloody Belarus is independent, Burkina Faso is independent, hundreds of trillions in debt USA is independent.

It's not about "affording anything, it's about - who should run a country?
    a) That Country
    b) Their bigger neighbour next door?

Simple eh. And it's feck all to do with the SNP, they are the largest partner in a Yes campaign, this is about our country.

Spot on fatshaft

When this whole processs started I was a pretty much against it. Since then, Westminster has provided an almost endless list of reasons to jettison the Union.

F*ck economic instability. Do we really want to be in a political Union with folk that listen to Ed Sheeran & Scouting for Girls? I think not.

Well under Westminster 1-7 trillion in dept and rising so that's the state they have put us all in.

The union is at breaking point not just with Scotland . It's now only a matter of when.

I'm not totally against the union as it does have good points but as an independent country Scotland can I'm sure grow it's economy and make its own decisions.

We have after all the tools to make it work .

20 years ago I started a plumbing and heating buisness no one gave me a hope in hell in making it.

Well I certainly proved them all wrong .
    It's not what people think you may do but it's about what you do.

Edit to say .
    I started on my own with one job to do a WASH HAND BASIN.

[QUOTE=Disco Buc;38461378]Well under Westminster 1-7 trillion in dept and rising so that's the state they have put us all in.

The union is at breaking point not just with Scotland . It's now only a matter of when.

QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure this is correct. The country as in the UK might be a breaking point, but that's not necessarily going to lead to independence. At the end of the day it will come down to the people to decide, but I don't think the desire is there. If you are in the YES bubble, then its very easy to get caught up in it all and think there is a very good chance of it happening, I've been there myself during the last referendum, however as it turned out we didn't have the numbers.

That for me hasn't changed and if anything, I feel lesser people will vote this time around. The trouble with a vote on independence is that it isn't just a YES or a NO to most people, its much more complex than that and its those complexities that drive people to vote no. Project fear worked, it will work again because people fear change, or at least the majority do. I would be VERY surprised if I ever see an independent Scotland. However, as long as the SNP hold power the drive will be there, but if it dissipates then it will be even harder! I haven't endeared to Sturgeon and as such I have switched to the Greens, though still pro independence. The SNP IMO have to watch they don't scunner people with it all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast