+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South v Saints

South v Saints

Can't say I'm overly optimistic about the game against St Mirren this weekend . Our season is more or less over and all we've to play for is pride and to finish as high as possible whilst they're fighting for survival and have turned a corner recently .
    This won't be easy . A massive improvement from last Saturday is required

I'll be looking for Queens to get the win and finish with 9 points from 12 with their meetings with St Mirren this season. At least to avenge the 3-2 last minute defeat at Palmerston back in December.

Andrew Dallas is the referee for Saturday's game, assisted by Graeme Leslie and Barry Reid.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 14-03-2017 at 01:22 PM.

As long as the players give 100% for the first time since the Raith game, then we should be OK.

To be honest, I don't mind if we get beaten if the players give their all, but Dobbie and Lyle look disinterested and lazy up front, Robinson is too nonchalant for his own good and his kicking is woeful, while our defence is back to that stupid nonsense of suicide defending. It's almost as though they take a secret delight in placing their own players under pressure by giving them the ball with an attacker bearing down on them!

Naysmith has tried in 2 of the last 3 woeful matches to transform the game with a double substitution against Falkirk and a treble against Morton, but I would ask him to play young Connor up front on Saturday to really stretch St. Mirren who should not be fresh after Dundee Utd tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    As long as the players give 100% for the first time since the Raith game, then we should be OK.

To be honest, I don't mind if we get beaten if the players give their all, but Dobbie and Lyle look disinterested and lazy up front, Robinson is too nonchalant for his own good and his kicking is woeful, while our defence is back to that stupid nonsense of suicide defending. It's almost as though they take a secret delight in placing their own players under pressure by giving them the ball with an attacker bearing down on them!

Naysmith has tried in 2 of the last 3 woeful matches to transform the game with a double substitution against Falkirk and a treble against Morton, but I would ask him to play young Connor up front on Saturday to really stretch St. Mirren who should not be fresh after Dundee Utd tomorrow night.
    I think that`s really harsh on both Lyle and Dobbie. Lyle always puts in a shift and Dobbie is being done no favours in being played up front on his own while the ball whistles past him at 100 feet high. He still looks interested to me but not surprisingly must be dismayed that his ability is largely being negated by our "style" of play. All about opinions though.

Well according to their manager St Mirren are the best side that champions elect Celtic have faced all season. A bit of a slur to Barcelona in my humble opinion but reminds us that they will not be a walk over on Saturday. I am hoping for an attacking lineup from Naysmith and with some of the squad playing for their position in the team for next season this should be much more than an end of season drab fixture. Looking forward to the game, Mon the South.

Queens still have 8 games to go and I cannot see complacency setting in, even though the club appear to be in the middle of the league table in no man's land.

Not harsh at all Dobmeister, - Dobbie and Lyle plus most of the defence have been rather lacklustre to say the least!

I do agree that Dobbie has not had the best of service, - but that does not excuse laziness.

If a painter came to your house and did a half hearted job, - then you would ask him to do a repaint.

Unfortunately, we as the customer can't ask the players to play the game again.

Sadly some of the games this season have been like watching paint dry, - to use the same analogy, - and all I'm asking of the players is please give the paying punters some respect and give them 100% - please.

If that is too much to ask, - then perhaps they'd be better finding another job.

Have noticed that all Dobbie's tricks & flicks just aren't happening for him . He desperately needs a goal to get some confidence back

I see St Mirren are 2-1 up vs Dundee United at half time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)