+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crewe at Crawley **** MATCH PREDICTIONS****

Crewe at Crawley **** MATCH PREDICTIONS****

Jeckyl and Hyde Crewe at Creepy Crawley, let's hope it's not a horror show. Optimistic 2-1 to the Alex, C.O.Y.R.

A great evening at Crawley which resulted in a very impressive 3-0 win. Crewe played with tremendous gusto and Cooper was a good example with his terrier like work rate. They all played with tremendous spirit and the passing was highly commendable tonight. It was nice to see the Manager really urging the team on from the touch line for the whole game. Well done to everybody.

[QUOTE=Fidler;38467050]A great evening at Crawley which resulted in a very impressive 3-0 win. Crewe played with tremendous gusto and Cooper was a good example with his terrier like work rate. They all played with tremendous spirit and the passing was highly commendable tonight. It was nice to see the Manager really urging the team on from the touch line for the whole game. Well done to everybody.[/Q
    Thanks for the report, and well done all round from me too. Fantastic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fidler View Post
    A great evening at Crawley .....

Hear! Hear!
    Thoroughly deserved that tonight.
    In terms of work rate, it was Portsmouth all over again with the front 3 running them ragged. How George did not score tonight is beyond me, lacked composure at the ***** times but you could not fault his energy and dynamism. He was a constant thorn in their side, as was Daggers!
    That's probably the best game I've seen Jonah have too, and he and Bingham seem to dovetail really well in the middle of the park.
    Yes, the pass and move was a joy to watch but the fact that we mixed it with the ball over the top for the front 3 to run onto was a sensible tactic. They seemed to panic every time.

Isn't it great to see a penalty taker actually mean it when he takes one. None of this "I'll just roll it in!" nonsense.
    And as for the other goals, great finishes in one-on-one situations. Pleased for Bowery, he has deserved that for some time.

A word for Perry too who came on for George Ray after just 20 minutes.
    Tried to over-play a little when he had his first taste of possession but seemed to learn quickly from that and was very solid from then on.

Sadly though, Crawley were poor but I'd like to think it's because we got on the front foot from the off, but I see that's 5 home defeats on the bounce for them.
    It will be interesting to see how we fare at home to Colchester now but I wonder which team will turn up .....?!!!
    As the guy behind me said "we are consistently inconsistent!" but how long have we been saying that?
    Last edited by somersetcrewe; 14-03-2017 at 11:39 PM.

[QUOTE=somersetcrewe;38467083]Hear! Hear!
    Thoroughly deserved that tonight...
    Thanks to you too!

Thanks Somerset.
    Your reviews are constantly welcome.
    I have been thinking about the 'Crawley were poor' comment and, having seen the Alex a lot over the years, I am of the opinion that we tend to fashion the game for the opposition. Grimsby were poor, but we were on fire; Portsmouth were far from poor, and we bamboozled them; Stevenage and Newport made us look weak and too young. Perhaps, though, it's what we do on the pitch that colours the standard of the opposition.

All that said, I'm happy to told I'm wrong. When the Alex play well, few teams can stop them; when they don't turn up, a Sunday League outfit can thrash us.

Fantastic Crawley result. From the commentary and comments we outplayed them for 90 minutes. Well done to all the Alex fans who made the trip and cheered them on.

Terrific result and I am pleased that Perry Ng took his opportunity. Hopefully, Ray will recover as he seems to be playing well and not committing the unforced errors that have dogged his progress. Hopefully, we should pull away from the relegation quicksand, but we need more consistency and Colchester will be a tough prospect on Saturday. The younger players will have benefitted immensely from this season's experience and hopefully we can sign Bowery for next season. If we can get through this season ok, we should be more optimistic for next season

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester View Post
    I have been thinking about the 'Crawley were poor' comment and, having seen the Alex a lot over the years, I am of the opinion that we tend to fashion the game for the opposition. Grimsby were poor, but we were on fire; Portsmouth were far from poor, and we bamboozled them; Stevenage and Newport made us look weak and too young. Perhaps, though, it's what we do on the pitch that colours the standard of the opposition.

All that said, I'm happy to told I'm wrong.

I'll be honest, I did think twice about making that comment but then I took the view that if I was a Crawley supporter, that's exactly how I'd feel. I don't think you're wrong. In my opinion, more often than not teams are *made* to look poor by the "quality" of the opposition and we certainly did that last night.