+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Play-off Hopes Still Alive....

Turfy has already wished us all the best, in his own inimitable way Alf

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Turfy has already wished us all the best, in his own inimitable way Alf
    Rovers are certainly getting desperate for 3pts that's for sure. They are getting some good results against the likes of Fulham and Norwich at their place but draws are useless at this stage.

If Barnsley can sneak a draw at Peewood then they may be on their way down however they have a massive fame against the Brizzles coming up which may be the game which sends one of them down.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    That sounds like a fortnight in Darkest Yawkshire ..haha
    Don't you worry I'll be keeping an eye on things - If PNE win today and Fulham and Sheffield lose then I will change my mind and say Preston have a chance of a play off slot - Now the chances of that? Sheff play Newcastle so possible loss there, Fulham at home to Ipswich which they should win. Leeds/PNE hard to call depends on the current mind set at Elland Road, it could be Gards day and we get trounce. SHould PNE lose then Derby are likely to move ahead of them - the other game of interest is Norwich v Reading, Norwich come in fits and starts and just when they look like a revival them fail again.

Anyway a great opportunity for the enders to play in front of a proper size crowd. I agree £37 quid to sit in naff seats is scandalous (no wonder Bradford get such large crowds, ( I am convince half of them are hard up Leeds fans)

season over

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    season over

Yes,sorry Gards that's your lot for this season,now it's mid table mediocracy for the Nobbers..Well done to Leeds who without doubt will be in the play offs ..Still no away win for the Clarets,but I am happy with a draw against Boro.. A big well done to Acidos Burnsley on beating the Bastids ..

Yes that was a welcome win for us today, Id forgot what it felt like to win a game on a Satdy

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes that was a welcome win for us today, Id forgot what it felt like to win a game on a Satdy
    good results in most places for Yorkshire today - Sheffield promoted and the other lot beating Newcastle puts them in the play offs again (I thought they had thrown the towel in) - I would sooner see Sheffield there than Fulham. The other good win was Bradford who keep their play off much alive.

Oh forgot this Preston's board - Gards, where are you? Last comment, for now, Dirty Preston, player sent off in both games with us, not very nice

good results in most places for Yorkshire today - Sheffield promoted and the other lot beating Newcastle puts them in the play offs again (I thought they had thrown the towel in) - I would sooner see Sheffield there than Fulham. The other good win was Bradford who keep their play off much alive.
    Oh forgot this Preston's board - Gards, where are you? Last comment, for now, Dirty Preston, player sent off in both games with us, not very nice
    I couldnt really give two monkey tosses about the Blunts or Donny to be honest Calvo, although they have both won promotion and probably the division titles as well today.
    Im interested in Bradford though, it would be good to see them win the play offs this season (as my own team arent involved in them lol).

No arguments from me beaten by the better team on the day and SG for once decided to change the formation and play a couple of players who just don't cut it at this level against probably the best side in the division at home. Poor decisions at key moments from what the PNE fans were saying and beaten by one of the strongest sides in the Championship but god only knows why we make daft decisions against Leeds and it beggars belief.

Talking of dirty PNE it only appears to be against Leeds and after Coopers phooking dirtiest nastiest stamping I have ever seen you have no room to talk.

Acido your team winning at Peewood and Brizzles and Florists winning really puts Rovers in deep do do.

Alfi nice draw at Boro but I felt you could have sneaked a win there but I suppose avoiding defeat to one of the potential drop teams doesn't help their cause that's for sure

season over

I thought there were 5 games left but who am I to argue.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)